Mazda 322F Zxi V6

Roylewaa

Well I have looked into it, got a price for a catback with twin exits from powerflow but let's just say the missus put a stop to that one:( something to do with Christmas or something :)

I've put the feelers out on the 323f forum but none for sale for the v6 at the moment:( even through they were ten a penny a few months back

I've found a good 2nd hand replacement full standard exhaust for £50 from a breakers in Middlesbrough so that will do the job for now, till after mot in March

It needs a decent exhaust system, as the standard one is ok but when it comes to the sound it doesent cut the mustard

Nothing better than the bellow of a V6 with a stanless system on full chat! :D 

Thanks mate, few cold mornings have made another problem present itself, although very common on the KFDE engine, noisy HLA's

Was tap tap tappin away like a goodun this morning, till she warmed up a little

A lot of the V6 boys swear by wynns lifter treatment with decent oil so going to give that a try

Only on cold starts thankfully, I've heard them clacking away on warm engines aswell so could be worse:)

Funnily enough she didn't tap at all this morning and it was mighty cold out there

Did do a 100 mile run yesterday though which might have helped

I spoke to the previous keeper yesterday who said it's always been a little tappy on a cold start in the winter for a few minutes and he did an engine flush a few months ago and used decent oil which helped loads

Funnily enough she didn't tap at all this morning and it was mighty cold out there

Did do a 100 mile run yesterday though which might have helped

I spoke to the previous keeper yesterday who said it's always been a little tappy on a cold start in the winter for a few minutes and he did an engine flush a few months ago and used decent oil which helped loads

Could be due fresh oil then? 

Aparently it was only 3 months ago, Oil does still look fairly clean and filter looks recent

Might change it again after Christmas for full piece of mind :smile:

Depends how many miles it's done but Oil is probably cheaper than lifters!