any one clued up on uk liences

raymb6

well lads iam trying to do a bit of a fiddle a friend of mine got caught drink driving only just over lost the cops never took their licence just said that there on a 3 year ban but I was just wondering would it be possible to change the irish licence to uk one and then the cops cant say anything because it will be a different licence so they be able to drive away iam sure there is a way around this to cheat the system

Dont think there will be a way round it and he would be committing insurance fraud as well by not declaring being banned for drink driving. Is that his 2nd drink driving conviction? A 3 year ban seems steep for being just over the limit.

nope that's irish law for u they don't take to kindly to drink driving I not too sure because a friend of my cousin crashed a off rd bike killed his friend on the back and another motorcyclist that was fully licenced and insured he was p**sed bike wasn't rd worthy and he had no licence tax or insurance he got a 20 year ban off the road so he moved to oz changed his irish licence to oz one lived over there for 3 years came back here law pulled him over told him he wasn't supposed to be driving he showed them his oz licence and they couldn't do anything only let him drive off

A guy i work with got done for drink driving when he lived in Ireland and got his uk license taken off him and he can't drive in uk. i personally wouldnt be helping anybody dodge a drink driving ban, like Tom says do the crime do the time.

• Like 1

I can't believe the initial intentions of this thread but I'll leave it at that :sad:

You have to be a permanent resident in the UK for at least 185 days before you can exchange an Irish licence for a UK driving licence.  Also as already mentioned any motor convictions would need to be declared when obtaining insurance.

• Like 1

A guy i work with got done for drink driving when he lived in Ireland and got his uk license taken off him and he can't drive in uk. i personally wouldnt be helping anybody dodge a drink driving ban, like Tom says do the crime do the time.

X2 that's all I am going to say makes me mad should not drink and drive FULL STOP and helping to dodge a ban that's just xxxxxx xxxxx not on.

• Like 1

Have to concur with the above!! People get banned to teach them a lesson hoping that they won't do it again.

Drink driving is bang out of order. If ya wanna have a drink get a push bike. Or stay home it's cheaper. Then spend your beer money on some cheap eBay car mods! :)