My MB6 - bought a deck!

marv

Yeah, if you've got good compression across all 4 cylinders it's going to be the top rather than the bottom.

Were all the valves definitely re-seated? The 5w30 is too thin for sure.

Yes they had removed and reseated the valves along with new stem seals and 2 new valves. He pressure tested the rest and said try were fine. I brought a compression tester home tonight and got good compression on all cylinders, 180+psi.

sorry got mixed up I'm using 5-40 Fuchs oil just over the winter back to 10-40 in the next service

• Like 1

That's exactly what in using mate. Some of our engines, higher mileage ones though tend not to like it.

Hopefully the older chap will be able to shed some light.

• Like 1

Well the old guy is pointing towards the breather (pcv valve) does anyone know of a way to test them? Is it possible to disconnect it and try running it for a wee but to see?

I thought you had done something with that while it was all apart?

I removed it and gave it a good old blast with some carb/intake cleaner. Wasn't sure if there was a way of testing it?

Block it up on intake mani. And run pipe into a bottle see what comes through. Not ideal long term as no vac to pull

Ok mate il see if I can get in and remove it. I take it I'd leave the red part on the black box and run a hose from it into a bottle? Really hoping it's the problem. Perhaps iv dislodged a lot of crap when cleaning it all out and it's been drawn through and dumped in te closets cylinders?

I would get hose off red valve and put a bolt in it or something to plug it. Then run a spare piece of hose from valve to bottle. Obviously the valve is never gonna experience vacuum as it should. But you will see if oil is pushing out when driving