The Red key.

Krzys

Out of curiosity I was looking at auto locksmiths to see if by any chance any had a solution to the problem that plagues Honda owners when the cars come without the Red key or if you happen to lose yours!

Well to my surprise several are saying online that they have software to read the information needed from the Red key via the cars ECU.

So essentially they are saying that they can produce a fully working spare key without the Red key or infact any keys at all!

I've just been quoted £25 for a spare key supplied and programmed and this place is a mile away from home, bonus!

Think I'll go get myself a spare done after work! 8-)

Sounds about right for the key. Not as bad as youd think hey.

Wish they could replace my little oldschool immobiliser dongle that would be a bonus. Not gonna happen tho apparently

Before today I was always told that if you lose the Red key you're left at the mercy of the dealership! Thought it would be an idea to share this info with anyone else in the same predicament!

Before today I was always told that if you lose the Red key you're left at the mercy of the dealership! Thought it would be an idea to share this info with anyone else in the same predicament!

I've just had a key done, drove home using the spare too, can't grumble at £25 for that safety net!

Awesome, good to know, I thought that too, I have my red key but Honda charge some extortionate amount to cut a key don't they. :(

Good to know. Although I have just been sent the red key by the original owner. Still in its plastic casing too! Well impressed!

Have a Q though, it says on the back of the packing that once the red key is used, the other don't work! Is this true??

Good to know. Although I have just been sent the red key by the original owner. Still in its plastic casing too! Well impressed!

Have a Q though, it says on the back of the packing that once the red key is used, the other don't work! Is this true??

My understanding of it is if you try to start the car with the Red key it'll fully immobilise the car and you'd end up getting Honda to replace the whole lot after getting it towed to the garage.