Battered wheel stud, can't remove wheel.

h4mza

One of my wheel nut or wheel stud is messed up, I don't know what really is it but have included a picture to show you what I mean. It looks to me an out of shape wheel nut which is rusted and probably stuck to the wheel stud. I need this removed in order to remove the wheel. I took it to like 6 different garages and only one said they can do it, so left the car with them and came back later and they said the wheel nut needs to be cut to make space for the wheel to come out but then I will be driving with 3 wheel studs only and he was a nice and careful guy and telling me that it is dangerous and illegal to drive with 3 wheel studs. So he suggested I should get a replacement wheel hub which to me sounds like an expensive job. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other options to sort it out?

http://s156.photobucket.com/user/h4mza/media/IMG_20140114_150816_zps5445hwi4.jpg.html?sort=3&o=15

can't see the pick mate. But cutting the wheel off seems excessive.

Surely you can get a big old 2 foot bar on it and crack it off? Even if the nut cracks, it's then still off. Then just buy a new stud & nut.

Could somebody tell me if this would work?

Break the small pieces around the nut to make space for the wheel to come off, then once it's off, cut the damaged wheel stud in half and chuck it away and fit a new one in with correct size, then put back the wheel and tighten it with a new nut? So instead of me having to buy a whole wheel hub, I can just fit a new wheel stud? 

def worth a go, looking at the picture the rims is pretty scuffed up in that area so you can not do any more damage. Give it a bash see how you fair...sounds a perfectly logical  solution to me mate...

Is that ur locking nut? If it's f00k anyways you could try and break it but I don't think that will work! But if you do get the wheel off I don't see why you couldn't fit a new wheel stud!

Is that ur locking nut? If it's f00k anyways you could try and break it but I don't think that will work! But if you do get the wheel off I don't see why you couldn't fit a new wheel stud!

x2, if you can get the wheel off and the old stud out then it can be replaced.