Silver VTI Aerodeck..Advice Needed

ammarbm

Mine has got 119k on a w reg and I paid 750 for it and part exed my 200 quid scrapper Peugeot estate on it. I got a few other bits in with it. Authentically mines got no rust but it's full of dents and scratches but we'll looked after maintenance wise so it's swings and roundabouts as to weather you get one with good servicing or good body. If you find one that's got both being well looked after then be prepared to pay a bit more than what most people get theirs for. I was looking for a while and all I saw was the d series autos on the trader or ones that were 200 odd miles way.

My opinion is go for it but tell him it's gonna cost you to tax it in a week so if he'll take 1050 and half a tank he'd be stupid to say no really

The sense of achievement you will get for fixing the wheels (quick lick of paint) and fixing the minor rust (another easy fix looking at how little it is) will instantly make you think it's worth a lot more

• Like 2

Good advice mate..Auto trader has got mostly 1.6 aerodecks..thing is i am not in a hurry to change as I love my MB2 and I have done so much effort on making it look like the way it is..but now I know that insurance won't be much different if I get a VTI so I am more tempted to buy one..but I know it will be an Aerodeck for sure and it will be 1.8 for sure :D..I think I will wait and hopefully something will come up that would be in good condition and good price...I don't mind travelling for it as it's the far ones that are cheap and well looked after :)

• Like 2

Mine has got 119k on a w reg and I paid 750 for it and part exed my 200 quid scrapper Peugeot estate on it. I got a few other bits in with it. Authentically mines got no rust but it's full of dents and scratches but we'll looked after maintenance wise so it's swings and roundabouts as to weather you get one with good servicing or good body. If you find one that's got both being well looked after then be prepared to pay a bit more than what most people get theirs for. I was looking for a while and all I saw was the d series autos on the trader or ones that were 200 odd miles way.

My opinion is go for it but tell him it's gonna cost you to tax it in a week so if he'll take 1050 and half a tank he'd be stupid to say no really

The sense of achievement you will get for fixing the wheels (quick lick of paint) and fixing the minor rust (another easy fix looking at how little it is) will instantly make you think it's worth a lot more

Pretty much!  

I was lucky with my first MB6, silly low mileage, really good bodywork and full Honda history, the car wanted for nothing!

This one, was okay body wise, poorly looked after inside and mechanically but nothing that can't be sorted! Just annoying really!