Silver VTI Aerodeck..Advice Needed

ammarbm

Hi everyone.I saw this VTI Aerodeck advertised near me so went to have a look today and had my first experience of B18. OmG [smitten.gif] now I know what I have been missing out on. It's so different from the D14 I drive unbelievable lol :D. I was driving it the same way I drive my MB2 with RPM around 2500 to 3000  blush.gif1  then the guy showed me how Vtec works and completely blew me away. I was like this is so awesome  ecstatic.gif1 haha. He went to 100 mph on a small street with RPM between 8-9K. WoW

So now coming to the main point of the topic. I have checked the insurance and it's about 250 more than what I am paying for my MB2 atm which isn't too bad. Some details about the car:

Completely standard but it comes originally with a VTI-S Kit including the Mid-Spoiler.

Mileage is 113K

Tax 31/01/14 so that's an immediate expense of £123 if I was to get it for 6 months

MOT 07/14 with no advisories on the previous one.

FSH till 96K. He said he had done 2 services since then latest one in August last year but didn't have stamp for that.

Vtec kicks in properly. No smoke. No noises inside at all.

Cambelt was done at 75K and clutch changed at 102K. Gear changes were smooth.

5 previous owners were in the same family.

Interior is spotless.

Bad Points that I noticed:

Slight Rust on the Passenger side rear arch which is visible in pic

Slight Rust under rear number plate

Alloys can do with a refurb

His asking price is £1195 and last he would do is £1100. I offered him £1000 which he refused. So now I need your expert advice looking at the car and the mileage and what I have explained about it what do you guys think the price should be? I am very interested in this but I think he is charging a bit too much.

Here are the pics. Obviously I had to take them with mine  :grin:

20140121_135013.jpg

20140121_134958.jpg

20140121_135022.jpg

20140121_135051.jpg

vti01.jpg

vti02.jpg

vti03.jpg

20140121_135225.jpg

20140121_135232.jpg

Well it looks pretty tidy for it's age, it has reasonable mileage and looks like the rust is only just starting so you should be able to catch that.

You say cambelt was changed @ 75k, I would find out when it was changed as they need doing every 5 years. Also he says it had 2 services, what did those consist of? If it was just oil & filter you want to know when the plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm were last done. Air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter are worth knowing when they were last done.

Other than that you just have to ask yourself how much you want it and how much you're willing to pay, bear in mind the fuel costs too, they will be a wee bit more than your MB2.

IMO yes £1100 is too much for an R but depends how much you want one. I just paid £1000 for a P reg which was way to much IMO but there was nothing else about and I really wanted a b18 again. But b18 decks are becoming hard to find so I would hurry up and snap it up

I like that it comes with a full VTiS kit, saves you some hassle there. The rust doesn't look that bad at least and the wheels you'd probably replace them anyway. But I'd only pay £1100 if that included a full tank of fuel. Otherwise £1050 would be my limit.

Look ok mate. Good points above to find out about regarding service etc.

FYI I just bought my deck, admittedly without the VTis lip kit, but only 78k on an R plate in great condition with FSH and with no rust for £995

• Like 1

bit steep imo, I sold my x reg with 147k FHSH to 97k, full MGZS suspension, Vtis front lip, SS powerflow centre section and longlife back box to a chap on here for £750! you can pick up a lip kit for about £100!

To be honest, if its a clean one (underneath too). Then that's not a bad price. I know its an ® but they are becoming hard to find especially with the 5 piece kit. You would never get a vti-s kit for an aerodeck for £100, its hard enough to find the rear splitter never mind the mid spoiler lol.

Personally check all docs, if it looks like its been looked after I would definitely have a bash at it.

Good luck either way

• Like 2