Turbo kit

MB6IX

Yeah that'll be a small give away! Painting it black won't be good for it either to hide it! Just show it off haha! 

Wow, the cheaper one looks bigger too which would be better wouldn't it?

So far as i understand it, you can get away with painting it cant you?

Well, the bigger the better is it not?? lol ..

And IC is and IC i thought, dont see why Toyo can charge that much for one !!

So far as i understand it, you can get away with painting it cant you?

Well, the bigger the better is it not?? lol ..

And IC is and IC i thought, dont see why Toyo can charge that much for one !!

Someone told me they reckon painting the fins might upset the air flow going through? I'd want to show that off anyway as a warning to others! 

I'd have thought that along with piping wouldn't matter what badge is slapped onto it as long as it wasn't made from paper mache! 

Someone told me they reckon painting the fins might upset the air flow going through? I'd want to show that off anyway as a warning to others! 

I'd have thought that along with piping wouldn't matter what badge is slapped onto it as long as it wasn't made from paper mache! 

Well im sure we'll find out at some point ;-) I know that ARC do a black one already .. Which is alloy so must be painted! But yeah i get the idea with leaving it on display !

Yeah exactly .. For me and the research ive done, the Turb, Mani, Injectors & external wastegate (if your running one) are the things that really need to be good quality and branded ..

• Like 1

Ha although the asthetics are obviously a big part of it .. It does have bearing on performance ..

But by no means are you going to get an extra amount of power by running an external WG at the same PSI as an internal WG ..

Its all about control ;-)

From my research, internal WG at higher power can "boost creep"  .. And theres another term too but cant remember off the top of my head ..

Internal - Basically, you can run too much boost and the spring isnt powerful enough to open .. Or it can open too soon and let boost off before you want it to ..

This can also happen on an external i suppose theoretically, but ive not read that too much ..

Everywhere ive read and anyone ive spoken to have all said "must go external" blah blah blah ...

But my point is this, all the evos, all the scoobs, infact almost every turbo car from the factory run an internal. So why on earth, when we're looking at a relatively low psi of 7-8 (i have a freind with a built S3 running 26psi) would we justify an external ???

If you look at a brand new Garrett GT28, they are all internal too .. Until you get to the big ones ..

Food for thought anyway ..

I'm quite excited about all this talk of turbo's! :D

Me too ! Loves a boost convo ;-)

The thing that drags me back down though is the route to take ..

Balls out and get the best, brand new Garrett GT2860RS with Brand new SS Racetech Mani .. New injectors, Stand alone Hondata s300  ..... Thats the best part of 2k right there ...

Or do it on a budget  ???? ???? ???? ????

Second hand turbo, probably something off a 200sx  .. Cast mani, P30 or the like chipped .. Then having it mapped .. Could be done for less than a grand ....

Grrrr ....