Turbo kit

MB6IX

You can mount a twin scroll turbo to a single scroll mani it'll work fine. Lacking some of the benefit of twin scroll I'm sure.

Yeah the whole n/a thing ain't cheap.

I bought all my bits bar gaskets etc used. Then a remap still over 500 quid really. For 20hp I do love it tho. I've said it before for twisty b roads any more power in an eg would be suicide if you ask me.

Ah ok, makes sense i suppose! It'll just function as a normal turbo !

It is indeed an expensive road to go down .. But purisist will be purists and want to stick NA !

Yeah completely, 200 in the EG is perfect i think .. However my lard arse deck, although isnt that much of a lardarse and does show some great cars up as is ! Could handle another 50brake with no problem ;-)

You can mount a twin scroll turbo to a single scroll mani it'll work fine. Lacking some of the benefit of twin scroll I'm sure.

Yeah the whole n/a thing ain't cheap.

I bought all my bits bar gaskets etc used. Then a remap still over 500 quid really. For 20hp I do love it tho. I've said it before for twisty b roads any more power in an eg would be suicide if you ask me.

Yeah you don't want so much power that you're fighting it for grip on the turns etc! Otherwise it just becomes a muscle car so to speak! 

• 1 month later...

This has been a long convo haha. Got alot of much needed info tho and have got a list of what i need/want. Ive went money no object on this so hopefully it will be a beast when its complete:D

This has been a long convo haha. Got alot of much needed info tho and have got a list of what i need/want. Ive went money no object on this so hopefully it will be a beast when its complete:D

Awesome, one of the few topics that's stayed relevant too! :lol:

• Like 1

Have a look on ebay dude lots on there but i would recomend forging your block first as the standard internals are only good for around 250bhp on 12psi n not for long lol.

But if you want to do that then get arp headstuds n a cometic head gasket n a full turbo kit off egay then a chiped ecu or a standalone ecu, uprated fuel pump n pressure regulator, bigger injectors, and uprated fuel rail should see you ok

If ive forgotten anything im sure some else might add inn

Do your own research buddy as you will need to understand it all anyway and collect a decent kit. Them ebay ones are cheap and naff but okay for low boost. Also to mention you will need an uprated fuel pump, injectors and a remap. On top of that kit.

i just realized the i got corrected on s**t i already said arrgh this makes me mad

I've done a couple of turbo builds, one on a mb6 vtis.

The key components are cheaper to import from America.

We bought a turbo, manifold, downpipe, screamer tube and oil lines for under £1500.

Intercooler can be bought from toyosports (good intercoolers for ebay seller) along with pipework which you can get adjusted and welded to suit.

You may have to sacrifice power steering depending on which manifold you choose, we went for a ramhorm and got away with just cutting the power steering pump mount. There are a lot of things to consider,

For a decent good build, your looking at £2-£2.5k all fitted and mapped on a stock engine.

at 10 psi, T3/4 57 trim was a nice 300 bhp.

• 4 weeks later...