Steve's MB2 - MG ZS Trim installed at last (Pics page 3)

casasteve

So today's task is finding some new front tyres.  I have a slow puncture on the passenger side and it's annoying me.  I was going to try and buy new wheels, but I think I just need to concentrate on other things (like cam belt change!).

Looking for 185/60 R14 82H, these are my main options:

kYBZF25.jpg

I'm thinking the Yoko's, but not just because they're cheapest ;)  They seem to get good reviews.  Any other recommendations?

Also, I cleaned up my new centre console/arm rest last night. Looking forward to fitting that, but waiting for a replacement passenger side seatbelt clasp to arrive in the next day or two.

Also booked into the Ramp and Wrench place tomorrow night to finally do the brake discs/pads/bleed, oil change, transmission fluid change and anything else that I can think of while I'm there.

I'm a fan of the Goodyear's myself but I imagine the Yoko's would do the same job! 

I might try a slightly longer one, see what happens lol.  I think I have a 15" blade right now, may try 16".

Can't hurt! Let us know how it goes! 

The Goodyears look good, a mate of mine recently bought a set of those and rates them quite highly.

Ordered a 16" bosch aero twin to match the front wipers, which I'll pick up at lunchtime with a few other things from Eurocarparts.

Rear wiper should be 18".

The Goodyears look good, a mate of mine recently bought a set of those and rates them quite highly.

Rear wiper should be 18".

Weird. Every shop I look online suggests 15" when using my reg number to find parts, although I'd seen some people say 18".  Ah well, I'll see how I get on with a 16"...  (Of course, I haven't actually measured mine properly!)

So I'm in a bit of a catch 22 situation.  I'm talking about new rubber for the front, as I have a slow puncture (needs pumping every couple of weeks).  This will cost me around £100 - £120.  Then I spot these:

$_80.JPG

For £115 (and are within a 40 minute drive)

Description of ad:

15 inch allessio alloys finished in gloss black 
pcd 4x100 fit many cars including Toyota, Mazda, Honda, Vauxhall, Renault etc 
come with all four centre caps 
come with all four tyres 2x 195 55 15, 2x 185 55 15. Tyres have decent tread can be seen in pics 
wheels have been sprayed gloss black not professionally but look good 

Can't decide what to do.  My head is saying just buy new rubber, my heart is saying "OMG NEW WHEELS!!" lol