Just got done speeding last night :(

burbleboy

just remember you were doing nearly 30 mph over the limit, shame you couldn't ask them about a speed awareness course 

I think he was probably going too much over for it! 

I know that if you're clocked at more than 42mph in a 30 you aren't able to do the course! 

Sorry to hear about your points dude :(  First time points though?

Possibly too fast for speed awareness course though.  I think it's under 10mph over the limit to get on the course.

On the plus side, the Vito is a lovely looking van.  How fast can they go? lol

On my last set of points, (id have been banned) I was caught doing 37 in a 30 and got the speed awareness course.

Last time I was stopped was doing 38 in a 30, not long down from a 40 though so pleaded ignorance and got away with it. :lol:

• Like 2

Last time I was stopped was doing 38 in a 30, not long down from a 40 though so pleaded ignorance and got away with it. :lol:

How recent was that? I'm sure I read about your last encounter with the fuzz!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/norwegian-boy-claims-hes-dwarf-3140465

• Like 1

I got done 2 years ago, 88mph in a 70mph limit. And yes, they were hiding up a slip road, but luckily they didnt have the camera! Just went by their onboard video and the speed when they tailed me. I got £60 and 3 points, but like you say, no point in arguing because I knew I was in the wrong by speeding. Sill feel it's unfair the way they go about catching speeders though, hiding up slip roads etc is a bit of entrapment in my book.

Regarding the safety awareness course, was watching traffic cops on tv the other night, and they caught a bunch of bikers speeding at over 140mph! I thought they would be banned instantly, but they all got off with it if they agreed to go on the course! I thought anything over a ton was instant ban??? And wonder why they were allowed the course when they were so far over the limit? They were also driving dangerously, as they were in a 60mph limit, and overtaking on double solid lines etc. I think its because there was so many of them (6 I think) that it would have been hard to prove who was doing what so would have meant too much paperwork with a chance of them getting away with it. Sucks how the police up here just instantly do you though, they seem to be more inclined to use their powers of discretion down south. Or maybe thats just for the benefit of the tv cameras eh!

They may have done you because you were in the van mate, I think the speed limit for vans is different to cars, so in a 70 limit the van is 60mph max?

I got done 2 years ago, 88mph in a 70mph limit. And yes, they were hiding up a slip road, but luckily they didnt have the camera! Just went by their onboard video and the speed when they tailed me. I got £60 and 3 points, but like you say, no point in arguing because I knew I was in the wrong by speeding. Sill feel it's unfair the way they go about catching speeders though, hiding up slip roads etc is a bit of entrapment in my book.

Regarding the safety awareness course, was watching traffic cops on tv the other night, and they caught a bunch of bikers speeding at over 140mph! I thought they would be banned instantly, but they all got off with it if they agreed to go on the course! I thought anything over a ton was instant ban??? And wonder why they were allowed the course when they were so far over the limit? They were also driving dangerously, as they were in a 60mph limit, and overtaking on double solid lines etc. I think its because there was so many of them (6 I think) that it would have been hard to prove who was doing what so would have meant too much paperwork with a chance of them getting away with it. Sucks how the police up here just instantly do you though, they seem to be more inclined to use their powers of discretion down south. Or maybe thats just for the benefit of the tv cameras eh!

They may have done you because you were in the van mate, I think the speed limit for vans is different to cars, so in a 70 limit the van is 60mph max?

I believe that vans are only allowed to do 60! 

It could have been any number of reasons for those bikers to get off so lightly! But I would have thought over 100mph was a ban too!