Civic type r concept

Grant

True.

However in my mum and dad's defense they have solar panels and over produce the electcity daily!

Also the BMW plant is totally wind powered too.

But yes, f**king electric s**t! Lol

I'm not having a go mate, honestly. Just think it's all a massive con. And I bet that BMW set them back what, £25k plus??

The solar panels however, yeah I get that idea and in their case it's a win win for them for sure. Can totally understand their decision.

You say the BMW plant is powered by wind, you mean the oxford plant? That's all well n good, but the panel production plant in Swindon isn't lol. And the lorries that drive the parts too n fro ... I'd love to know if BMW and other electric cars makers, have produced a detailed analysis of how much 'bad' energy is used in the production and manufacturing and how long the electric car would have to run compared to an internal combustion engined car to make a difference.

Oh and an important part I forgot, what about all the line workers farting all day while working!? I was one of them (in both honda & BMW) that's enough methane to make a rugby pitch size hole in the ozone every shift! Ha

• Like 3

Dam this thread has gone fully in depth son yeah!!petrol till i die lol but if you can run an electric car on wind or solar power then it kind of makes sense then it leaves all petrol for ME!!!!!

• Like 1

We'll all be swearing at those little BMWs as they keep up with our MBs at the lights in complete silence. 170bhp and 184lb ft torque aint bad at all.  They weigh pretty much the same as a VTI though :shock:

I see that Apple introduced Carplay the other day which will transfer everything on your iPhone screen over to a touch screen on the dash.  It'll work with Blackberry's software too.  Honda have supposedly signed up to integrate it in to their cars from later this year, so maybe we'll see this in the new Type R as well.

We'll all be swearing at those little BMWs as they keep up with our MBs at the lights in complete silence. 170bhp and 184lb ft torque aint bad at all.  They weigh pretty much the same as a VTI though :shock:

I see that Apple introduced Carplay the other day which will transfer everything on your iPhone screen over to a touch screen on the dash.  It'll work with Blackberry's software too.  Honda have supposedly signed up to integrate it in to their cars from later this year, so maybe we'll see this in the new Type R as well.

I've not long gotten an iBone, that would be cool until you get a dirty text up on the screen while taking your gran somewhere! :lol:

• Like 2

Great idea ... But isn't it illegal to hold your koine to your ear?? Oh no, it's ok, I'll just use the touch screen on my dash :-o

That doesn't make sense lol

Great idea ... But isn't it illegal to hold your koine to your ear?? Oh no, it's ok, I'll just use the touch screen on my dash :eek:

That doesn't make sense lol

There was mention of outlawing hands-free devices! That'll put a damper on things! :lol:

That type r does look mental and cant wait to see it up close and i bet it will make 1 hell of a noise especially in vtec,bet a few get rote off quite early people instantly going to jump into vtec turbo, but agree with a comment further up the fd2 is a cracking looking motor aswell,stick 1 of these engines in that shell

Wats the point i have ICE in an electric car you would be forever turning it off to increase the range lol electric os a fad to make celebs feel gr8 about living in a big house n earning lots of money even bio diesel fuels are a better option im gona run my drift car on bio ethanol lol should be fun

• Like 1