Civic type r concept

Grant

So many car makers now have a lineup of models of different sized clones of the same shape.  It's great to see Honda release something that looks nothing like anything else. I wasn't so keen on the original testing pics, but if it comes out looking like that I'd actually seriously consider buying new.    ( btw. oi moderators.  There's already a thread on this :P )

Agreed, looks like nothing else. But then that seems to have been Hondas them recently.

Didn't realise there was another thread :-( this vid popped up on my YouTube feed so had to quickly post it!! Lol

I'm glad they made it look insane. Can't wait to see what Mugen adds onto it, if they even can. :lol:

They'll always find something to add onto it. And importantly, being a turbo, it'll be more tunable too

They'll always find something to add onto it. And importantly, being a turbo, it'll be more tunable too

I'm eager to see how much boost the stock turbo will take. I'd imagine a lot of these will be remapped very quickly.

Agreed, looks like nothing else. But then that seems to have been Hondas them recently.

Didn't realise there was another thread :sad: this vid popped up on my YouTube feed so had to quickly post it!! Lol

Just had a quick look, I know it's somewhere but it's in the ether! Post away :lol:

Yes turbo will be good! I reckon if they incorporated the hybrid electric motor in the same was as the P1 or the Porsche 918 that would be so epic!

Didn't realise there was another thread :-( this vid popped up on my YouTube feed so had to quickly post it!! Lol

Lol I'm only slagging :) It seems a much more relaxed forum compared to others I'm on who'd string you up for not searching first, even if their search page is rrrrubbish.

Just had a quick look, I know it's somewhere but it's in the ether! Post away :lol:

Yes turbo will be good! I reckon if they incorporated the hybrid electric motor in the same was as the P1 or the Porsche 918 that would be so epic!

A hybrid system like the 918 would be amazing and something I'm sure we'll see in one of the next Type Rs. No more jokes about lack of torque :)

I actually can't wait to drive a car that will have a respectable amount of instant power available. Hopefully we'll get normal priced cars like that in the next decade.

• Like 1

Lol I'm only slagging :) It seems a much more relaxed forum compared to others I'm on who'd string you up for not searching first, even if their search page is rrrrubbish.

A hybrid system like the 918 would be amazing and something I'm sure we'll see in one of the next Type Rs. No more jokes about lack of torque :)

I actually can't wait to drive a car that will have a respectable amount of instant power available. Hopefully we'll get normal priced cars like that in the next decade.

Yeah, I reckon those two cars are the start of what we can expect to see in the next ten years as it gets more viable and cheaper, thus filtering down through to the S Class Merc AMG's down to the hot hatches! 8-)

That's how I see it happening anyway! 

Yeah, I reckon those two cars are the start of what we can expect to see in the next ten years as it gets more viable and cheaper, thus filtering down through to the S Class Merc AMG's down to the hot hatches! 8-)

That's how I see it happening anyway!

me 2 unfortunatly i dont like electric cars they cause way more emissions getting made than they are trying too prevent, i say honda have got it right with hydrogen fuel cell tec that they are working on in california it way better n you can convert older engines to it
  • Like 1

me 2 unfortunatly i dont like electric cars they cause way more emissions getting made than they are trying too prevent, i say honda have got it right with hydrogen fuel cell tec that they are working on in california it way better n you can convert older engines to it

Yeah I know what you mean, the cost in production/disposal seems to outweigh the benefit while it's in use!

Can you? Didn't know that!?

I do like how it has kept to the conventional "refuelling" method meaning people won't have to worry about a big change in the way day to day driving takes place!

This is my problem with electric cars too, it annoys the hell out of me that people buy them thinking they're 'environmentally friendly' when the reality is so different.