How often to change timing belt B18C4?

Dexter

Whoops, better get on it.

I'm sure when I was discussing with the previous owner it was a couple of years ago. There is a kwik fit (yes he was a mug) receipt and one part of it is for £190 but I can't make out the description. Could be that, I'm going to attempt to call them tomorrow to make some sense of it.

Found somebody who can do this in his garage but need to gather all the necessary parts for him. Belt, tensioner and water pump atleast. I went through my bits box at my parents garage and found old auxiliary belts that were replaced last time, wonder how necessary it is to change those. Anything else? Some specials bolts etc. needed?

honda say that the water pump is a fit and forget unless it has an issue or isn't O.E, to do the job properly, you'll need;

cambelt kit (should come with tensioners etc)

water pump (if non genuine part)

3x auxiliary belt's (air-con, alternator, and power steering)

rocker cover gasket kit (as the rocker cover has to come off)

honda say that the water pump is a fit and forget unless it has an issue or isn't O.E, to do the job properly, you'll need;

cambelt kit (should come with tensioners etc)

water pump (if non genuine part)

3x auxiliary belt's (air-con, alternator, and power steering)

rocker cover gasket kit (as the rocker cover has to come off)

Thanks man, didn't know about the rocket cover gasket.

• 3 weeks later...

So turns out my local garage has a new head mechanic who's got a built b16 eg! Asked him about this topic and he got back to me with a list of non-OEM parts (Nipparts, Gates, Airtex) that he guarantees are OEM quality. 250€ (205£) for cambelt + tensioner, water pump and 2 aux belts (don't need a aircon belt). I think i'm going with this one.

• Like 2