Drilled and grooved discs

3gdean

Mtec discs are wkd I reckon. I got dimpled and grooved. There good value and quality

Think I will be investing when the time comes too after the reviews they've had on here :-)

they seem very hard wearing grant. barely a lip on mine had em about 2 years. yet stopping is as expected. i got the black coating and they still look mint.

i paid around 150 quid delivered at the time. money well spent. came with mintex pads too which i dont normally rate as they never fit. thyese were all tight so little bit off with a grinder and all is well.

they seem very hard wearing grant. barely a lip on mine had em about 2 years. yet stopping is as expected. i got the black coating and they still look mint.

i paid around 150 quid delivered at the time. money well spent. came with mintex pads too which i dont normally rate as they never fit. thyese were all tight so little bit off with a grinder and all is well.

Oddly I had the same when I out mintex pads on my lancer. Stop pretty well though.

Will be a while before I get new discs though, there's a bit of life left in the bones that are on there, plus I have an almost brand new set of blueprint blanks on the EK that I can use next. Pretty unrated I know, but they are great discs IMO.

On the CTR owners forum their brake guru's guide says for everyday use and some spirited sessions to use standard type discs, Ferodo DC2500 pads and then braided lines with decent fluid! They reckon it's a decent yet cheap set up for those hooning moments!

But if you're changing the discs for uprated, I'd stay away from drilled as discussed above! :)

On the EK I had OEM sized Tarox grooved discs and pads, a bit better stopping but no fade at all for what I was doing! 

• Like 1