toyo cat back

Gilman

From wat ive heard the 4-2-1 systems are better for ur engine as they give the right amount of back pressure giving a good amount of mid range torque

And from what I have seen a 4-2-1 is quiter than a 4-1. :-)

Thats what i have also heard and 4-2-1 being a bit quieter is defiantly a bonus.

I had a look at the japspeed ones and they look good but they dont do them with a 2.5" collector.

you don't know the meaning of droning @ 70!

I'm going to have a huuuuuuuge mid silencer put in next month.

Sorry off topic a tad

Thought we invented the headphones to combat this ;-)

Yes, I've only changed the manifold and just like that the 70-80mph drone has gone!

It's also got a lot deeper note and the tappty noise has also gone!

Tappty noise??

• 1 month later...
Guest rallyeluke

I am interested to hear more about the toyosport setup, my worry is it will be very loud as it appears to have one silencer ie the backbox  and a large resonator box in the center section, recipe for boomyness and if you add a decat to the mix it is going to be rasp central and not in a good way ;( 

I've got a mongoose system that only has a back box and a resonator in the middle and I've got a decat in, it's not raspy at all, nice growel at low revs and howls like a norse god when vtec kicks in :P so the toyo one might be okay

Guest rallyeluke

Well........... I fitted my brand new in box Toyosports exhaust to my mb6 and the NOISE IS.............................................            Not much louder then standard, very quiet with the cat still fitted, you would never guess the diameter of the piping was as big as it is (2.40 inch I measured with my vernier at work earlier)  as it is not loud at all, Decat and 4-1 unequal length headers next to give it evil sound. Fitment was spot on, not one issue with fitting it

I was going to do a write up but really the exhaust was such a joy to fit that I cannot be bothered to do one lol