Just bought some Rear ZS180 Dampers and springs

Guest rallyeluke

Guest rallyeluke

Integra type R dc2 jdm front shocks fitted now and it sits perfectly combined with the zs 180 dampers on the rear. Handling is transformed and turn in is instantaneous now as oposed to the stock setup. Perfect fast road setup and inspires masses of confidence near the limit. 

Guest rallyeluke

fit 4-1 manifold and then look into what my options are for a better steering rack, I heard the EK9 rack is a straight fit, so I would like to go for that or potentially look into the zs180 rack. 

Guest rallyeluke

Why are you concerned with getting the rack changed?

Because honda in there infinite wisdom put one of the laziest racks possible in the 1.8 vti that is supposed to be a performance vehicle. A quicker rack will make the car far more focused and easier to flaunt the dynamics of the chassis 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimbob738

People on here raved and praised CW Dismantlers so i went with opinion. Just turned out that they had turned crap and punted any old setup. They were adament however that mgzs suspension had different springs etc and went with coloured spots on them. God knows what coloured spots were perfect for our cars. I personally would NOT recommend that setup as been there done that and learned to buy better.

I second this I went through hell with this cr*p setup and CWDismantlers were selling any old MG Cack as zs180 this and that when It wasn't but that wasn't apparent until after you fitted them, I have DC2 shocks on and they are low, if your mixing them the back will be higher on zs180's which again feck the handling up.

the issues im having are uneven tyre wear even once tracked and cant fit the rear ARB so looking to go meister R soon or look into other shocks. 

DC2 stuff is made for lighter back end and wrong spring rates as Andrew pointed out a while back and the MG ZS is too stiff all round and the fronts made for a v6 lump not a 1.8 DOHC, short and narrow of it is you cant do this cheaply if your thinking of doing that just stick to the stock shocks and put eibachs or cheap pi's on it.

MB6 suspension = nightmare, hence why meister R prices are expensive coz they know they have a niece market with us £700+ is bloody obscene IMO but what choice we got for a car that's worth Â£12-1500 tops. 

• Like 1