B18c4 missfire from cold start under load@ 2-3K

Guest jimbob738

Guest jimbob738

I've got a sports cat and an oem dc2 4-2-1 mani, which i think is 2.25.

Loving the gear box... Just seems so much more usable. It's very happy doing 30 in 4th and seems like it's more economical round the doors, but is got much more poke at the same time, and 5th is a tiny bit longer than the s9b when you take the fd into account. 8-)

Wow sounds cool I was toying with an S80 box I have two s9b boxes knocking around but until I get this running issue sorted its all on the back burner, sports Cat aye hmmm did you actually pass an emissions test with that on? the jdm dc2 4-2-1 if its a 98 spec is 2.5" if its UKDM them its the same as the mb6 one.

the DC2 JDM 4-2-1 is a well made piece of kit and getting more and more expensive, all the after market ones in the £200 are just copies of that to be honest would still prefer a DC2 one at the correct price.

like I said I got a dc2 JDM b pipe stainless for £20 dropped on with that but married with the DC2 manifold would be sweet.

Guest jimbob738

I have just plugged in my chipped p72 which has a good map on and it seemed to run ok it does run slightly rich on that map so wondering if that's just masking the issue, I have another p9k ecu somewhere but typically cant find it when I need it grrrrrrrrrr

Busy thread. 0.60v is a tad high but it's how consistent the reading is as the throttle opens that's important here i think. As these issues occur at part throttle. It the tps voltage jumps up or down it will cause Instantaneous miss fueling.

I also had this issue with my mb6. It coincided with a new dizzy. Myself and dynodaze rich tried all sorts to rectify it. Nothing seemed to work. Ignition timing didn't affect. Lambda didn't help. Cam timing was spot on. Car was serviced regularly.

Only now in the eg it doesn't have the issue at all. Exhaust and mani is 2.5. I use a chipped p28. Engine is again serviced regularly and when swapped I did use a brand new ntk lambda. It's good as gold now.

Guest jimbob738

Cleaned the spare injectors flushed em through with crab cleaner put them in started the car drove it from cold and judder judder judder cough cough cough.........................

what more can I change must now be something in the intake manifold area im going to have to try changing the TPS but not convinced its that.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest jimbob738

ok, right could be ECU but im not convinced with mine, I have just changed not just checked the spark plugs for new standard NGK R's just to rule that out rechecked the dizzy timing, the plugs I took out were covered in soot which indicates its running rich would also indicate an air leak somewhere so will check that tomorrow with carb cleaner.

I did take it for a spin after yet another ecu reset but its hard to tell without it being cold had to run the engine to check the dizzy timing.

more on this tomorrow...............................

brazil 3 Croatia 1 1 dodgy decision peno fix?????? just putting it out there was a sketchy decision.

Wow sounds cool I was toying with an S80 box I have two s9b boxes knocking around but until I get this running issue sorted its all on the back burner, sports Cat aye hmmm did you actually pass an emissions test with that on? the jdm dc2 4-2-1 if its a 98 spec is 2.5" if its UKDM them its the same as the mb6 one.

the DC2 JDM 4-2-1 is a well made piece of kit and getting more and more expensive, all the after market ones in the £200 are just copies of that to be honest would still prefer a DC2 one at the correct price.

like I said I got a dc2 JDM b pipe stainless for £20 dropped on with that but married with the DC2 manifold would be sweet.

It's the UK one, but it's not the same as the b18c4... Pretty sure that it's 2.25, and the b18c4 one is smaller http://cars.homenetcs.co.uk/honda-civic-mb6/motor.htm :)