B18c4 missfire from cold start under load@ 2-3K

Guest jimbob738

Guest jimbob738

Ok so, I told the missus what my other project idea was in place of getting rid of the Civic and well lets say she hit the roof ( I wanted to build a Motorhome with a high top transit van) so basically she said all the money you've spent on the F***ing Honda you can get the sorted blush.gif1........................

so who knows the best place to get 82mm pistons from preferably high comp nothing fancy just standard OE equivalent type r ones or better yet is anyone selling an engine for a sensible price????

if you are then PM me I wont pay more than say £500 just for an engine don't need all the extra bits just a bare block that I can drop straight in.

Ok so, I told the missus what my other project idea was in place of getting rid of the Civic and well lets say she hit the roof ( I wanted to build a Motorhome with a high top transit van) so basically she said all the money you've spent on the F***ing Honda you can get the sorted blush.gif1........................

so who knows the best place to get 82mm pistons from preferably high comp nothing fancy just standard OE equivalent type r ones or better yet is anyone selling an engine for a sensible price????

if you are then PM me I wont pay more than say £500 just for an engine don't need all the extra bits just a bare block that I can drop straight in.

Not sure if there's problems getting stuff delivered now, but the Honda parts websites in the states have pistons for stupid cheap prices compared to the uk. Worth checking out itr pistons oversized?

Guest jimbob738

Thanks mate I will check it out, was going to get oversized 82mm and get the bottom end bored out at Walter Bates in Nottingham next month.

do you have a link please for the site?

I have just been to my brothers and fetched my 2nd bottom end luckily I already stripped it down all but the crank so that saves me some time now I got to source the parts to recondition it.

I will switch the progress over to my project thread.

Guest jimbob738

Nice did it again today. Must get it checked soom.

You on facebook jim? We have some reliable breakers on there.

Hi Tom

im not no mate don't do social networking sites (I work in IT and I am very suspicious of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) this is about as far as I will go I don't like submitting personal info onto gloating sites.

that aside Tom yes you really do need to get it checked it tends to do it from cold, I have just finished taking apart the rest of my other bottom end its in good condition head over to my build thread to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd bump this as I feel the post is relevant.

Been using my car for the last couple of days, first time in weeks I've been able to drive it and I felt that on a cold start it would feel sluggish and hesitant, similar to symptoms described in here!

Did a bit of research online which I got some possible causes from other Honda forums, mostly people who have B18C4 conversions into other Civic's and somebody said to unplug the lambda/O2 sensor and drive the car from cold, which is what I have just done!

Felt so much better! Smooth as you like, EML came on but was expecting that but much better throttle response low down and much better to drive while she warms up ready for some VTEC action!

So based on that I believe a new sensor should cure my problem.

Hope this helps a few of you who are also suffering the same!

• Like 2

Yeah doesn't cost anything to try it mate! Just have to jack the front up, get under and unplug it, make sure you can get both hands to it!

Ah. I'm gonna try that to as it only started happening after the manifold ejected my 02 sensor!

And would also explain my occasional em light too!

Would've thought it would've been slightly damaged in the ejection process ;)