B18c4 missfire from cold start under load@ 2-3K

Guest jimbob738

Probably was Jake, I'm just saying this is one way to find/rule it out and luckily it seems to be that at fault.

Cool! Just wanted to be sure the pattern ones are okay as genuine ones are expensive to put it lightly!

I picked up a brand new ntk lambda off eBay for 10 quid. Was for a rover 620. Just lopped plug off and reused mine.

Worth searching for those who can't afford full price.

• 3 months later...

This is very worrying as the mc2 I bought the other weem has done this to me three times now from cold. Pull off, light throttle and its almost like it has a rev limiter fitted, just hangs around 3k rpm and pops away, no power. Did anything come of changing the lambda as above? I'm starting to regret buying this car already I think.

Don't do that.

Krzys with his had a loose spark plug.

Mine only does it when it's wet.

Next I'm changing the o2 sensor to see if its that.

What he said, one of my plugs was very loose and another one needed tightening too! Was fine after! 

My mechanics said he doesn't think its a mechanical problem when I took for the MOT which is a big relief but now I gotta trace the problem..plugs and leads will be first I think

It'll never be mechanical per say, electrical or fueling, usually electrical though. Plugs, leads, distrubutor, injectors or fuel pump. One of those probably the cause. Diagnosing it may or may not be a sod.