grinding noise

pjrzn

When does it happen when breaking or moving

It come and goes it goes louder when slowing down and pulling away then when running at least 30-50 mph it goes then comes back when slowing down.  

Mine sounded a bit like that when a stone got between the disc and heatsheld.

Drove backwards for a bit.

Stone came out.

yeah tried driving backwards for good 5 minutes in our block but still the same. some people on fb reckons it's the bearing however how comes it only happens when im slowing down or pulling away. confuse.com

I would say pads are low and maybe a sticky calliper which is why you here it when pulling away. But without being there hard to say

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys just to let y'all know this has now been sorted - it was the brakes - the bottom is pin is seized and bottom part of the pads is sticking to the disc.  all sorted now took me 6 hours to dismantle the calipers as I have no clue lol youtube for the win- no grinding noise anymore and found out the pads were low too so changed it aswell..

finally noise free!!! thanks to all the comments it helped me diagnosed the problem from my end best forum ever hehehe see yall at japfest :)

• Like 3