Best spark plugs for B series?

G Unit

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you wouldnt notice no difference,

iridium have a different tip. More suited to turbo cars or for longer lasting (like the ep3 i got - only need changing every 60k!)

if you want an upgrade spark plug. get the platinum sparks that fits the DC2 B18C type r engine!!

No point using super expensive plugs as our (civic mb's) don't need them! the dc2 plugs are about £20-£25 and last a good while too!

you wouldnt notice no difference,

iridium have a different tip. More suited to turbo cars or for longer lasting (like the ep3 i got - only need changing every 60k!)

if you want an upgrade spark plug. get the platinum sparks that fits the DC2 B18C type r engine!!

No point using super expensive plugs as our (civic mb's) don't need them! the dc2 plugs are about £20-£25 and last a good while too!

Plugs on the EP3 should be changed every 75k bud!! ;)

And totally agree, the B18 doesn't need super duper spark plugs, save your money guys you wont notice a difference on standard or slightly modded cars!

Aye, last time I changed mine was at 45k when I got the car (possibly unnecessary, more to be sure than anything else, along with the usual complete service I'd do on an 'unknown' car) & went for Iridiums; the price difference wasn't really huge considering the service interval for plugs. Can certainly say confidently that there was definitely absolutely no difference whatsoever in performance!! The current set of Iridiums I've got ready to fit were less than £20; no way you need to spend any more than that.

Science bumph:

The point of using Iridium/Platinum is that all such metals are extremely corrosion-resistant. That's great for a spark plug, because it means the tip keeps nice and pointy for longer. Whenever you're dealing with high-voltage charge, the point at which charge is most likely to transfer is the point with the smallest radius; which unless you want things to get messy needs to be directly between the electrodes. On any charged object, the smaller the radius of the electrode tip the better (think; lightning hits the nearest, pointiest thing). Basically, you'll likely get longevity out of such plugs, but I can't see any way in which you'll get better performance.

Sorry, I'm doing another of my late night essays...

Perhaps I could have stayed in't local for that last (3) pint(s)...

Oh, hang on, there's gin...

hmmm... gin...

I've even gone back to platinum on the EP3. I change mine every 20k or so, only beause I'm a f***y.

Irridium is a waste of money unless you want longer service interval, platinum are MORE than good enough for 99% of cars.

Different story when you get more towards the 300+ bhp mark, then every little helps....

my iridiums are on 68k.. due a change - can feel the car being lazy in low revs!

Think il just replace with iridiums.

although, if an iridium tip breaks, doesn't it go straight through the pistons??

Yup! Makes a royal mess. Platinum is slightly softer so won't make 'as much' mess. Still wouldn't be pleasant!

Can also say that my car was running 197.8bhp with platinums rather than irridiums, and only had a cat back (same bore as standard so wouldn't expect power increase) and she's on 100k, so makes NO difference between the two performance wise.

any heard of this

when fitting plugs align the open end towards the inlet manifold and you will get an increase in power

the second the fuel/air comes in the plug is in the best position to burn it up

iv read this has a proven 1bhp increase

Archived