radio half reset.

KiNK43

Hey. Anyone got an idea what's gone amiss before I start pulling stuff out or hitting my stereo with a lump hammer.

Since changing my gearbox. Which involved disconnecting battery.

My kenwood head unit can't keep some settings.

Presets are there and it keeps eq settings.

It even has aux in enabled which is off by default.

But the display settings and key colour settings reset every time the car is started.

Anyone had a similar issue???

have you swapped the red and yellow wires over? this sometimes happens with some stereo's. check all fuses just in case.

i dont know what else could have gone wrong :/

Yeah they swapped over.

Head unit was in my mb for years and has been working fine in eg for over a year. Best start lookjng at fuses then hey.

Thanks Alex.

Bit weird if all you did was remove the battery, don't suppose there's any fuses on or around the back of it? That's the only thing I can think of!

It could be the earth on the gearbox. I say this as one of my old cars had a refurbed box and for a few months after it would do all sorts of weird things. I took it to a few garages and it turns out it was when they sprayed the box to clean it up they didn't clean an area for the gearbox earth so it would be on and off with the electrical connection.

Worth a look as you have changed the box.

• Like 2

It could be the earth on the gearbox. I say this as one of my old cars had a refurbed box and for a few months after it would do all sorts of weird things. I took it to a few garages and it turns out it was when they sprayed the box to clean it up they didn't clean an area for the gearbox earth so it would be on and off with the electrical connection.

^^this ;) i had a similar issue

Good point!

yes, check earthing!! good point @WilkesyMB6

i drove mine to my nans which was a good 8 mile trip, was running fine etc, went to leave and it wouldn't start!! the engine was still warm from when i had been driving it!!

Honda's do have to be earthed well, which is why i'm using 0 gauge wiring to earth it :D