Mcd16 tune up

Mcd16

Hi guys I've breifly mentioned who I am. My names ashley inlie in Wiltshire and have not long got a aerodeck. Abit of background quickly on previous cars

Volvo s40 t4

Toyota starlet glanza rep

Toyota starlet

So it's a little 1.6 sohc. We all know how vtec works from mighty car mods so it's got 125 farting unicorns and yeah you all probably now more than me from here lol.

How she was

lcF5Nwd.jpg

So far. It's got hks mushroom filter and a twin exit rear box. And black alloys as it looked farmer like silver in my view.

Back box..

A8PSYLu.jpg

And wheels

yE2VcGO.jpg

All mods cost £4... £4 on paint from poundworld.. Don't mock it was better than you think! :P

I should gave decat very soon for first major gain so I'll keep you updated!

Thanks mate, it's looking abit "cheap" at the moment I think which is annoying I really needs to go low at least!

I forgot to mention, this is one of the later x regs, 2001 baby! I havnt seen many about 2001 :/

Oh right you learn something every day! Can't say I've seen a y... Yet ;)

Thanks I really like it. I've never been a massive fan of twin exit but the quite frankly pathetic pee shooter had to go... Though looking brand new it got chopped and axel pipe cutom fitted.. All about custom ;)

Anyway, dechromed the lovely chrome headlights with black.. I went matt black as I thought it would look weird gloss. Gave her the first polish and pants aqua wax today, feels rough as a tramps beard so polish and wax constantly at the no!

HFWkkGI.jpg

And my favourite picture so far!

v1nQ2s8.jpg

I want to talk about lows.. I want lows obviously, but ive got a baby, what setup would be best? Springs? Spring and shocks? Cheap coilovers? I did think 40mm springs and mgzs shocks but are they any good or too stiff? I want to lower it before any major change minus decat as that's coming soon. I'll be getting stainless steel centre Piece as mines rotted around rear hanger and blowing more than Kate moss.. Cheeky one you!

Mgzs 180 shocks give less body roll n slightly lower over standard. either that or keep searching for secondhand coilover kits on fleabay. Or u can go the whole hog n fit meister r coilovers as they are the best for our car apparently as loads on here have some on n rate em highly

Mgzs 180 shocks give less body roll n slightly lower over standard. either that or keep searching for secondhand coilover kits on fleabay. Or u can go the whole hog n fit meister r coilovers as they are the best for our car apparently as loads on here have some on n rate em highly

I will most probably go down the route of mgzs. It seems cheapest and most econimal money wise on new parts. Fleabay sells them £80 for 40mm drop. I just don't wanna stiff setup. Also heard the amber goes POSITIVE with mgzs is this True? Really great help already on here guys! Thanks

Yeh. Misters rock by all accounts.

I run an mgzs180 set up with 10mm lowering forks on the front.

Handled lovley round castle coombe earlier this year.

Don't forget the man has a D series, not sure if it makes any difference?

Really like the twin pipe, looks nice! 

Yeh. Misters rock by all accounts.

I run an mgzs180 set up with 10mm lowering forks on the front.

Handled lovley round castle coombe earlier this year.

I'll abit I'm abit of a virgin f***y with the strips on these. Lowering forks? Care to explain this setup for me and springs used? I'm use to the basic lower arm McPherson strut and these have bits hanging out it's arse for suspension :|

Looking really nice mate, only takes very little mods to make a great visual difference on these which i love!!

I got mgzs front setup, runs nice but need to lower the front with fork mod like sir toms but not sure best way to do it? Lol