• Hubert
    • Stephen English
    • Powerofdreams
    • Unicyclingtom
    • JDMSaq
    • Ammarbm
    • Vtec2011

This poll is closed to new votes

it wasn't directed at you personally, just in general.

I'm sorry if it sounds like it is mate and reading it back, it does but can assure you its not!!

i can appreciate that you have contributed a fair bit to the forum mate! its other people that don't and expect to have everything.

again my apologies to you that you have taken offense in this matter grouphugg.gif1

Ok, but what did you mean by 'but it feels like you've just come along for the food rather than the party'? I'm keen to understand this as i may have picked it up wrongly then mate. shrug.gif1

again that wasn't implied to you, but more as a general statement, and as said before i worded it wrongly which made it look like it was aimed at you rather than a general statement mate.

i should really read what i type before posting :/

Ok just read thourgh the posts here and i have to admit a lot of good points from very different perspectives. First of all i'd like to point out that this whole "war" started out with nothing more than Tom giving his personal opinion on how he votes, not how everybody should. How i see this it's ended up in nothing more than a friendly disagreement. Civic5 is probably the friendliest forum i have ever visited, to the point that sometimes i even wish people would be just a bit more provocative to spice things up a bit! :wink:

Sure people have different opinions and personal rules about how they vote. I very, very rarely nominate anyone, but still love to pick my vote out of the selection of different m's present each month. If i never would be nominated, i probably would do it myself at some point when i feel like my car is good enough to deserve being recognised. But i agree that it is very rewarding when somebody nominates your car, a privilege which i've had a couple of times during my 5 year career at civic5. But i have my own rules too, when voting. I never have voted for my own car. I usually go for a deck, because i have a deck because decks just look better (and the hatch guys just haven't realised it yet!!!  :-D ). For me stance and wheels are a lot more important than a bad a*s engine swap... probably because i don't have one, because i lack the skill & £££ :-D!!! But how other people vote is totally up to them, it doesn't bother me. People should be allowed to express their opinions without others getting offended, isn't that what this forum is all about!

The coolest thing about modding cars is that everybody does it their own way. Sure theres a lot on influence one way or another but in the end it's the owner who chooses his mods and style and ends up with the best looking car, for him. And i think the same should go for the car of the month competion: decide for yourself what i takes to win the title, be it being recognised by others or just by simply being the best car that month.

• Like 3