Intermittent wipe upgrade

androot

Im sorry for that. Im just presenting the idea having in mind the fact that nobody would be interested. I dont want to waste too much time on something that may be ignored from the start. As I said if anyone is interested I can still post more information otherwise I'd shut up and not mention it again. I didnt have much time today and just testing the intetests.

Ps ferric chloride is a very cheap substance available even on ebay.

Thanks.

Let me give you more information how it works. The voltage is fed from intermittent wiper switch conn 3 (see below)

155642.jpg

and it goes to conn A (my unit) which powers the actual regulator. That means cutting that wire but I will test it tmr.  The conn from the wiper motor wether its the low or high speed will be grounded or earthed (not sure whats correct) through the relay when it kicks in ( conn B ) The earth from my unit goes of course to any earth point in the car.

All that will happen tmr when my girls are away. I will take some pics and and post explanation about colors of wires needed connecting.

I still have some blank pcb left and some acid and since I'm not using it very often I might be able to make one or two pcb's if anyones interested.

• Like 1

Here I go again.

Time for installing the unit. After soldering the potentiometer and three other connections I went looking for the confirmation of what Haynes says.

All the connections were as I expected. First thing I clonnected the earth from my kit to the nearest available bolt; see pic

132620.jpg

After I realized I have to cut off existing control unit in order for those two not to work simultaneously I stole power from that connection (yel/blu) and chose low motor output (blue) to be used while working intermittently. You can always use the high speed one (blu/yel).

Important! I did not cut the motor wire (blue).

132456.jpg

As you can see in the above pic there are two yellow/blue wires. Confusing isnt it. Counting from the right (the bigger wiper plug) there is blue - low speed, blu/yel - high speed and yel/blu - 12v from the switch. Those 3 are the only wires you are interested in.

Almost done, all connected

163624.jpg

Only the potentiomenter left to be fitted. The position is really all about personal preferences as well as the look. I just picked what I had.

And the job done.

140928.jpg

Two comments I need to make. Only 2 pins on the potentiometer need to be cnnected; the middle and any of the other ones. Whichever side you pick will make the wipers go more or less often depending which direction you turn the knob. Still, a matter of ones prefernces.

Secondly, the low end is pretty useless because the magic happens every 1 or 2 sec.

Thats it I guess. I hope somebody will make use of this idea. If not at least I contributed a bit. Wish I could do more.

• Like 5