Heater not turning on

ammarbm

Question

Hi guys..I know there has been a question already about the heater but I am having a slightly different issue..I changed my pollen filter and Resistor in the last service and the fan was working fine on all speeds...but as winter started it slowly started making noise..Then it was running very slow..and making a loud clicking noise..so at speed 4 it would be as slow as speed 2 while making noise..now it has completely stopped..just on the odd occasion turns on but sounds like it's dieing and then turns off again..What do i need to change and how can I change it?

3 answers to this question

New blower motor is needed chief..

it's just 3 (or 4) screws that hold it in place.

The blower motor unit is the thing that the resistor pack sits in. Just disconnect the wires, unscrew the motor and bobs your uncle :)

• Like 3

Thanks a lot @dr_broon and also special thanks to @beastgtir for giving me the Motor and Haynes Manual..Such a useful resource..Makes it a piece of cake..I replaced the motor and the fan was working perfectly on all speeds :) but then it stopped working again..so annoyingly I had to remove the motor again to find out that the plug had come out as I didn't push it in properly..Plugged it back in properly and all is fine now :)