Roj's 90's Rasta-spec E36 328i

Roj

Oops! Good job the bulbs are largely the same! 

Funny thing is, the bulb I used (orange with opposite pins) doesn't actually exist! Only orange with offset pins do! You have to either buy em off eBay, or paint a clear bulb yourself. Halfords and the like don't sell them. Luckily Silvertec appear to know this and make their bulbs with opposite pins too for people like us with modified indicators. :D

• Like 1

Decided to dechrome the Beemer! Also my 99p ///M stripes came so I put those on after the paint dried.

2015-06-18%2023.24.21.jpg

2015-06-19%2011.50.02.jpg

2015-06-19%2011.50.20.jpg

I'm so happy with how the black came out with only 2 coats (ran out of paint!) but the stripes are a bit 50/50. I love how they look from a distance but up close you see why they only cost 99p. The quality of the vinyl is poor and it won't wrap around the grill fin so they're just kinda stuck to the front. I still have the thicker body stripes to put on but I'll wait until I get a good idea. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some good news for you @UnicyclingTom.

It's...

It's got...

It's finally got...

It's finally got new plates!

2015-07-03%2015.32.21.jpg

I'll be filling in that bit of missing trim with a genuine plate delete trim once it arrives from Lativa of all places.

2015-07-03%2015.32.01.jpg

Oh and I put some M stripes on the front wing the other day. I actually like them!

2015-07-03%2015.31.45.jpg

And the rear too. Also with an M stripe after the i as a subtle touch.

• Like 1

YES it looks so DTM retro, if you weren't getting the plate delete I'd so condone speedholes for the aggressive look, it's not like it's a 316i or something so it's acceptable. The M stripes on the wing remind me of childhood DTM days and the plate suits surprisingly well!

Ya mon it ah look suh DTM, seh yuh nah get di plate delete, mi haffi seh speedholes dem ah look good an mean an ting. Dis ah 328i nah a 316i, seen so it all good me bredda. Di M stripes on di wing an ting remind me ah di good old days of DTM, di plate looks wikkid mon.

Seen.

• Like 1

Seen. One love.

I thought the plates were going to be too small but it turns out 12x6 is perfect for an E36! I was going to put M stripes on the corner of the bonnet but my 99p stripes weren't long enough! Luckily they were long enough for the wing stripes. It kind of looks like an amateur drift car at the moment, which is funny because it's an automatic.