Dinochips S2000

dinochips

small add to the sotroy as got to go prep the civic for japfest ina sec.

So I wanted to take a break from fixing stuff and customize a little and the best place to start was the wheels. As they will defo be replaced so I thought painting them wont hurt 

took them into work. 

IMG_1609_zpsw28pvbe1.jpg

masked them up and sprayed them with some high gloss 2pack black

IMG_1610_zpsjvb67jo4.jpg

Done

IMG_1612_zpsarl7gotg.jpg

i do like black wheels on a silver car but until I have the fund to get some Works emotions these will have to do :D

( dont keep them for long as you will soon see)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SO to power on the thread a little more heres a few more progress shots

BeforeIMG_1681_zpscu9wjfp5.jpg

during

IMG_1724_zpsff1p3dzj.jpg

after

IMG_1742_zpsnjulruax.jpg

still lots to clean up but will get there in the future.

CLUTCH change time some of the tools needed

IMG_1675_zpsrulhbrkb.jpg

It was very cold but we were determind to get it done.

IMG_1627_zpso1xcczyi.jpg

pretty much involved dropping the front subframe 3inches to get to the top gearbox bolts and pulling everything out.

3 hours later IMG_1632_zpslovzlmim.jpg

Old clutch was completely dead

IMG_1634_zpsdxkrzt8k.jpg

so RPC stage 1 clutch went in fine and all put back together in 2 days wasnt muc space to work but thanks to flat mate got it done

IMG_1644_zpsp4uwc1za.jpg

few other things that I replaced whilst it was in the air whch i can't be botherd to put pics up of are 

Both front and rear track rod arms

front lower wishbones because got some new less rusty ones for super cheap

drivers side ABS sensor and ABS  gear ring

With the car now driving loads better was time to sort the alignment and get rid of the funny wobble when i let of he gas

IMG_1770_zpshdavcqpa.jpg

We found we could only do the front in this session as the caster adjustment had seized up with is very common in s2k's

mid progressIMG_1896_zpswub8hx91.jpg shot of my babies

So the car was pull in a straight line finally but still had a the wobble problem when i lift off. 

So decided to change the exhaust LOL

IMG_1944_zpszzw9q14k.jpg

I am not kidding when I say this exhaust was on the car for a total 10 minutes as It was the pure meaning of drone so where did I go next

IMG_1963_zpskbdw1ezw.jpg

Japspeed cat back system

IMG_1972_zps4p6ymw84.jpg

This system was alot better but still didnt have the sond i was looking for sooooooooooooooo 

IMG_1980_zps1jn99xgi.jpg

DECAT pipe :D  not the best one out there ut it worked and gave he car I nice note t it for now but still go a beter idea i wan to try out.

anyway Back to the wobble issue. I decied to change the tyres. funny enugh I managed to get aset of 17's which good tyres for £130 only issue was the tyres where smaller than i thought which made the car look stupid. 

IMG_1992_zps4fyepyui.jpg

So hoping this cured the wobble issue took it out for a drive and found it made it  worse.

Next thing to attack was rear caster and alignment hoping this was the cause. 

SO chucked it in dads work shop and spent the day sorting oout the siezed bolts.

IMG_2065_zpszhmbuss4.jpg

We fixed them by super heating the bolts screwing a wheel nut on the end and using a jackhammer to smashing the Fook out of it until it popped out the other side which worked a treat. IMG_2067_zps7jmc3hqo.jpg

I then spent the rest of the day with the laser alignment tool to set the tracking perfect sorting out this problem. I also replaced all the caster bolts and nuts with new ones and I hate spending £80 on 4 bolts and 4 nuts.

IMG_2079_zpstkd3b4zh.jpg

So after a long drive back to london I was rather p**sed the car still wobbled when i lifted off the gas and when it dose it at 70mph it really wasnt fun so the next step was tyres.

I managed to source a set of 4 Perilli Pzero's for a very good price chucked them on the back of the s2k and took it to the garage up the road.

IMG_2142_zps4matsr2a.jpg

I was so relieved that after a full tyre change and 4 wheel tracking the s2k finally handled like it should which means now I had a base platform to really start improving.