Hi I'm new

Dodd89

Hi everyone, I'm sort of new here, I had an mb3 a while back but overall had about 6 hondas (ej2 + ej8 x2, ek, mb, ep) but not an EG. But I'm looking to get an mb6 vti-s soon so just thought I'd introduce myself and get chatting ready for when I do get one :) with a bit of luck buy one off here so I know it won't be a dog..... If one comes up.

• Like 1

I have noticed unicyclingtom, I'm probably going to end up with a normal vti... But even then I'm sure I'm going to be happy :) I've only found two for sale and one is on 180k mileage :(

Welcome mate! Come to the right place for all things MB Civic! Agree the search for a decent low miler VTiS will be a long one, as most, including the mint ones, have sadly been bought just to be broken for spares.  Sub 100K ones are like hens teeth now, although anything up to 150K, as long as theres a decent service history behind it, should still be a good buy.  The decent VTi's asre also being snapped up by breakers just now, which is sad, so if you do spot one, act quickly and go and see it. I've seen a few pop up on auto trader with decent low miles, and they were relatively cheap, so they are still out there. Be prepared to travel for the best one though bud. ;-)   Enjoy the site and have a good look around, especially in the members cars section. Gives you inspiration for when you get yours!

Welcome mate! Come to the right place for all things MB Civic! Agree the search for a decent low miler VTiS will be a long one, as most, including the mint ones, have sadly been bought just to be broken for spares.  Sub 100K ones are like hens teeth now, although anything up to 150K, as long as theres a decent service history behind it, should still be a good buy.  The decent VTi's asre also being snapped up by breakers just now, which is sad, so if you do spot one, act quickly and go and see it. I've seen a few pop up on auto trader with decent low miles, and they were relatively cheap, so they are still out there. Be prepared to travel for the best one though bud. :wink:   Enjoy the site and have a good look around, especially in the members cars section. Gives you inspiration for when you get yours!

Agree with what Dave said.

Be quick and don't be shy at travelling for it if it's decent! :)

Good luck!

I've only found two for sale and one is on 180k mileage :(

Nowt wrong with that, the newest ones are pushing 15 yrs old and going on 12k a year, 180k is average miles, mine is a late X/2000 plate, and is pushing 189k, I did 650 miles in it last weekend!

• Like 1

Nowt wrong with that, the newest ones are pushing 15 yrs old and going on 12k a year, 180k is average miles, mine is a late X/2000 plate, and is pushing 189k, I did 650 miles in it last weekend!

With no problems nor smoke! :D