RHD MC2 in France...

bepilot

One missus of my friends experiencing the RHD-experience of twisty french roads near the Mont Ventoux...

audreydrivemc2.jpg

sidewa100711.jpg

Local touge with some other japcar-lovers... tackled a 2.0 Prelude on the way back, far too easy win :mrgreen: ...

5984909519_80061784e8_o.jpg

Then I attented during the summer holidays the Honda Euromeet, an event that grows each year, the MC2 was driven on the circuit during the morning...

Here in the pits with a few other MB-owners...

p1110374-2c0a1ef.jpg

Some second-hand AD048 on some steelies I had lying around...

p1110370-2c0a19c.jpg

...but my 'sick' engine didn't react good to that treatment and strange metallic sounds appeared, the engine broke a mere 15 miles from the circuit on the ways back home... bought at 100k miles, the engine lasted 25k more...

Car was trailered and I unmounted all valuables on the car 2 days later on a parking lot nearby (steering wheel+hub, coilies), a full overhaul of the broken engine wasn't really worthwile in my mind, so the car was sold for pieces...

byemc20.jpg

So off it it went, trailered by an MC3... End of story... :cry:

byemc22.jpg

Needless to say I just liked that sleeper-potential of that car, so who knows I will revert back to one... prob. an MB6, I just can't decide for the moment, my heads turns to IS300 atm...

a low-mileage MB6 for less than 1200£ would be a more sensible option certainly, but yeah I'm not really keen to take the same car again... :oops:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
everyone has a lexus not everyone has a mc or mb civic

well unfortunately for you (and civic5) I bought a Lexus IS300 in the end...

Just have to gain a bit of confidence in the corners as it is RWD, compared to the Honda where the torsen pulled you out of it, despite some strong muscle action at the wheel

lexis3001.jpg

lexis3002.jpg

lexis3003.jpg

lexis3005.jpg

Archived