Well it's been a week and I give up!

Dodd89

No it runs but runs lumpy :/ gutted I have work for the next for days, but I have a dude coming down with a dizzy and a de-immobilised ecu for me so hopefully it will be running right next week. Hate not having a car :(

Sounds like the previous owner (not Krzys) has had the full distributer off and not re-aligned the timing correctly. I used a screwdriver to score a mark on the dizzy bracket to make sure.

Stick with the car mate, once this is sorted then you will have a nice fun car.

• Like 1

The lines that were scratched seem to line up but the cam sensor is cracked and could be bust as it's showing a code for that and the srs light stays on. I was offered 500 quid and a lupo for it at the side of the road haha... No chance, I don't want to give up with it, I do really like it. Have someone coming down Wednesday with an oem b18 dizzy, fingers crossed. Would it run until I got to a garage to get the timing sorted do you think?

It'll run if it's not miles and miles out mate.

Glad to hear you're going to stick it out! Has it got the OEM steering wheel on? (That's what was on when I sold it anyway)

Sweet, yeah it's worth keeping, still a bit of water coming through passenger side corner so will redo that again soon.

Red stitching on oem wheel?

The lines that were scratched seem to line up but the cam sensor is cracked and could be bust as it's showing a code for that and the srs light stays on. I was offered 500 quid and a lupo for it at the side of the road haha... No chance, I don't want to give up with it, I do really like it. Have someone coming down Wednesday with an oem b18 dizzy, fingers crossed. Would it run until I got to a garage to get the timing sorted do you think?

ye man, mine aint perfect and didn't do it with a timing light and its fine :)

May be nothing but that car aint run right since  the N/S engine  mount broke or snapped or sumit when having belt fitted in that area anyway...

or may have been someone else ?

could look at vac pipes also in that area as well a wiring

That's if you have not already

:idea: