Driver side headlight indicator not working

h4mza

Question

My driver side headlight indicator isn't working at all, the side repeater and tail light indicator do work. I've replaced the bulb a few times and it hasn't helped. I removed the bulb holder to check the wires and there are two wires, one is black which I believe is earth and the other yellow/green which I believe is power. I used a multimeter to check for power and there isn't any. I've also traced the wire all the way back to under dash fuse box and it is connected to a plug which is plugged at back of the fuse box. So seems like the wire is intact. I also can't find a fuse for the indicators so I'm literally out of ideas on how to fix this. Any help please, thanks.

9 answers to this question

it wouldn't be a fuse if the other indicators work mate. you say you've tried the multimeter on the wires? try looking further down the line at the wires. it might have rubbed through the wire.

have you wire tucked them down the wing or are they still as they were?

also check your earthing point which should be on the inside of the wing or in the engine bay side of the wing, should be about 4 black wires maybe on one bolt, it could be corroded too much

it wouldn't be a fuse if the other indicators work mate. you say you've tried the multimeter on the wires? try looking further down the line at the wires. it might have rubbed through the wire.

have you wire tucked them down the wing or are they still as they were?

also check your earthing point which should be on the inside of the wing or in the engine bay side of the wing, should be about 4 black wires maybe on one bolt, it could be corroded too much

@Chandler I placed the multimeter on the spade connectors which go in the brown plug, the wires were covered in some white paste which I cleaned off first. No wire tuck done at all, I did however cut through the all the cable tubes to make it easy to follow the wire inside. I also used a separate earth wire connected to the battery and still nothing.

I found these two wires pop out of nowhere under the dash, not sure if it's related to my problem but I don't know what they are for and where they plug in.  :?:

BCB68258-CDBA-401D-A940-D6959E8C2775_zps

2313AD05-1918-45CC-B7ED-6670E4391D7F_zps

Not too sure about those extra plugs. But I would confirm that you wiring is intact first. Say link the pins at the bulb end and check for continuity at the other end how ever it's configured.

right, when you tested did you put the indicator on so you can see the reading? so its actually giving power to the unit

on the multimeter there should be a setting you can use to see if its making a circuit.

also try the other bulb holder just in case. is the bulb holder rusty or corroded?

fair enough man, atleast its working now

@Chandler Yeah mate I used a normal bulb holder wired to side repeater but now want to swap it with USDM kit I got off you long ago, was just wondering would only headlight indicator be on with side lights or the side repeater too?