My MB2 sport, Now Running sweet!

skitzma8

The dirty fuel could be from either a bad bit of fuel (unlikely more than once though) or the tank has corroded inside?

If the tank has to come out for a new pump then its worth looking inside to see what state its in inside.

The dirty fuel could be from either a bad bit of fuel (unlikely more than once though) or the tank has corroded inside?

If the tank has to come out for a new pump then its worth looking inside to see what state its in inside.

since I've owned the car I've been using shell and bp fuel only, my mate the previous owner uses the same petrol stations as me, but the first owner was an old lady who owned the car from new until 2013, maybe she was using Asda rubbish or something similar? Either way something has gone rotten and rusty in the fuel system and is making my car run like crap

since I've owned the car I've been using shell and bp fuel only, my mate the previous owner uses the same petrol stations as me, but the first owner was an old lady who owned the car from new until 2013, maybe she was using Asda rubbish or something similar? Either way something has gone rotten and rusty in the fuel system and is making my car run like crap

Supermarket fuel wouldn't cause the tank to rot, it's just old mate, that's all it'll be if that's what has happened.

Supermarket fuel wouldn't cause the tank to rot, it's just old mate, that's all it'll be if that's what has happened.

yeah I think it's just rusted inside out, no matter as I have brought a new tank today, along with the a fresh fuel rail, I'm sure once fitted my car will be sorted
  • Like 1

It's a bugger that you had to change all those parts to get to the root of the problem mate, but that's usually how it is with older cars. Did you get a brand new tank or 2nd hand? I was gonna suggest fuel pump! Lol The good thing is, you've replaced most of the things a minor service would involve, and also the things a major service would entail. So you won't have any worries for a long time now. Bet she's driving like brand new!

It's a b****r that you had to change all those parts to get to the root of the problem mate, but that's usually how it is with older cars. Did you get a brand new tank or 2nd hand? I was gonna suggest fuel pump! Lol The good thing is, you've replaced most of the things a minor service would involve, and also the things a major service would entail. So you won't have any worries for a long time now. Bet she's driving like brand new!

I know Dave this car has had me and a lot of other mechanics confused, none of us suspected it to be the fuel tank due to the condition and mileage of her, but this car has had a lot of parts changed over and it did cost me a fair bit in total but that's the way it is, if the cars worth it and this lil MB sure is! Now I can finally start spending money on mods not engine parts, the tank cost me £60 refurbed as I couldn't find a new one