brakes- mc2/mb6

philgor

right time for a change, got mtec disks at the front, and unknown rear disks, and EBC black stuff pads all round.

and i'm not impressed with the set up, the pads produce so much dust its unreal, the rear disks are life expired, and the fronts are about a year old and are warped....

what are people recommending and using?

My new set up feels really 'bitey'. Brembo discs and dc2500 pads! Not sure how dusty they are as I haven't cleaned the car in about seven weeks! Wheels were already dirty when I fitted the brakes!

getting brembo disks for the mb6/mc2 is hard, but for all the other models, you can pick them up for £30 each, currently looking at Apec braking, have used there products before and like them.

one thing i have noticed is that rear disks are really cheap, and the front disks are quite high in price in comparison.

Apec braking.

front disks, £73

rear disks, £10 (yes a tenner, ok well 9.99 for the pair)

front pads, £25

rear pads, £12

P+P £15

£135 all in.

mtec

front disks, £66

rear disks, £57

front pads, £26

rear pads, £13

£160, all in

and after my experience with the latters disks, i'm not impressed, only about a year old, probably about 12k on them....

i believe Ali, @burbleboy has had issues with mtec disks cracking, yet @UnicyclingTom has done 2/3 track day sessions on his yet no issues...

Correct. Had x3 sets under warranty on my last civic years ago. Thought after a few years mtec would have improved so bought Mtec discs for my current vtis. They ended up warping bad and i had to hammer them off the hub when changing them as they were so distorted. I do brake hard on road and track but they're meant to be 'racing discs'...eh naw!