Mb6 won't keep power.

Dodd89

Question

I'm not sure where this belongs as it could be a blocked exhaust, electrical problem, or mechanical. But as I reach 4.5k rpm engine gets deeper and feels like it hits a wall, same in every gear and the Revs take forever to rev up after that rpm. Before then everything is fine and pulls well.

*vtec engages but when it does there's some sort of tss-tss-tss-tss sound and I'm not sure if it's exhaust.

*oil is ok

*did have a cone filter on there but taken off and put standard box on to see if it was that.

*there's also a rattle in the exhaust in the pipe between cat and middlebox.

Hope someone can help me diagnose this as this will be the final straw for this car, I've tried to love it but it won't let me lol.

Some people say timing, but seems to pull OK until 4.5k rpm. Thanks in advance, hope you can help me out.

I'm about to do a bit of work on the car, I've read up about the iab works at 4.5k rpm if I'm right. Could that vacuum get blocked maybe? I'm not 100 percent I know what I'm talking about but with vtec engaging surely it would be something to do with that as it's a losd of power from then on... Even in vtec and revs slow way down.

VTEC at 4.4k, IABs at 6k in these mate.

Exhaust wise the baffle in the original back box collapsed when I had the car so that was replaced while trying to work out the power issue I had (which in the end was the dizzy first time around), you could unbolt the mani where it meets the centre section and see how she is? Other than loud :lol:

My first guess was the car but I just assumed it would bog down all the time :/ it's just at that specific rev range it goes. No wonder you sold it krzys it's a right pain in the arse of a car. Eml still shows cam shift sensor but dizzy has been replaced with an original one and not sure if the code has just stored :/ bloody car. Will sell and get a corsa haha.

I reset ecu yesterday too and I noticed it had a flat spot at around 2k rpm. So I'm really hoping it hasn't f**ked the car up. Hasn't help me any. How much would you say it's worth if I put it up for sale? It's a clean car apart from this problem.

It's been on the road and was pushing a whopping 82hp. So he gave it a third run, bit of a poof of black smoke, and made 95hp. But its now running properly. Going to go back and do another run to see what power it is because it wasn't rolled again after it was fixed.