Need some help!

fyfie5

Question

Just started working on my brothers engine conversion but now we are a bit stuck, the 32mm nuts on the hubs are so tight I cant get them off same with the bolts on the engine mounts, also 3 rounded bolts on the exhaust mani, so far its not going very well... any tips/advice would be great thanks!

4 answers to this question

If you can get a battery gun (I used a snap on one which worked a treat ) for the 32mm hub nut if not use a long bar and shock it with a hammer or put a tube on the end of your bar,manifold nuts I would use a single hexagon sockets and apply some heat then hammer socket on to rounded nut that should get it off ,and the engine mount bolts am afraid just brute force for them ,good luck

• Like 1

All good advise for sure. Hub nuts are a stinker. A good shock with a hammer will often help. If you've got a machine mart near you they do an impact gun for 60 odd quid. Very very good strong bit of kit. Mines took some real stick. Defo worth investing. Makes these jobs and suspension jobs infinitely easier.

Manifold studs eek. Lots of wd and leave some time would certainly help.