Creaking away

Gel

Question

Hi all,  My MB2 has started squeaking and moaning, I physically can't get under a car so I'll have a mechanic take a look on Monday.

Symptoms :  my drivers side front suspension creaks and groans when I go over speed humps and even creaks when I push the suspension down........I also hear groans when I turn the steering at stand still.

I'm hoping for the cheapest fix possible but it sounds like an expensive groan ?....only started squeaking badly over the last 20 miles or so....... got the car as a cheap runabout ........but I've come to love the sweet little 1.4 auto.....amazing !  considering I spent the last 20 yrs. driving new cars.

I

What do you think ?

I had to bargain like a Yorkshire man to get all the work mentioned above for £400.....work begins Wednesday.

The diagnosis you guys came up with was bang on the money.....nice one :)

Maybe the Government should issue a warning telling folk to avoid Civic's seeing as they're so addictive :D

• Like 1

Music to my ears Simon :).....if the undercarriage is still rust free I'll not mind sinking a few bob into a car I've come to like a lot...

I suppose I'm preaching to the converted when I say my car has personality.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease :)

Yep I'll definitely be having both joints done Jay.

After sitting down with a coffee and a fag.....I've decided to replace the squeaky offenders, cam belt, water pump, anti-freeze, engine oil and filter.

If I get all that work done for under £350 I'll gladly part with the greenbacks.... a nice bottle of whisky (or indeed whiskey) might soften my friend the mechanic enough.

I had to bargain like a Yorkshire man to get all the work mentioned above for £400.....work begins Wednesday.

The diagnosis you guys came up with was bang on the money.....nice one :)

Maybe the Government should issue a warning telling folk to avoid Civic's seeing as they're so addictive :D

You think it's addictive now? I have two Type R's currently, one is a track slag and the other also does track....wait this isn't going well... :lol:

• Like 1

I can easily understand the attraction and addiction to the rapid models Krzys.....must be an age thing because I always drove cars that could perform when asked but I now prefer the softer models.

Anyway, got my car back minus squeak, engine quieter, cam kit fitted.....cushty :)

• Like 3