Air con delete = cold heating?

dr_broon

Think that it's worse at the minute because I'm waiting for a new resistor pack so the fans are on 3, and think that it's cooling it down even quicker. If i turn the fans off for a few mins it's warm for a little while then cools down pretty quick.

That's strange, i've never noticed this. The colder it gets outside the higher i crank the heating, i've never noticed it cool down once the engine is up to normal temp. I'm running an oem stat. And with colder i mean up to -25c.

But i still have air con, even though not in use and don't even have the belt for it anymore.

• Like 1

But have you left the aircon rad in dexter as without it slowing the air flow too much air gets in the bay cooling the engine further tgats why he needs a blanking plate to slow the airflow again .

But have you left the aircon rad in dexter as without it slowing the air flow too much air gets in the bay cooling the engine further tgats why he needs a blanking plate to slow the airflow again .

Yeah i guess that's it, i'm just surprised it makes such a huge difference.

Yeah i guess that's it, i'm just surprised it makes such a huge difference.

Me too to be honest. I managed to have a relatively traffic free commute home yesterday so managed to get the foot down a bit on the country roads and that brought some warmth in.

Bodes well for summertime airflow though :)

You proberbly run a different coolant mixture to us in the uk too even wen we get snow

Sure because of the cold weather, but i think the only effect the added glycol should have is the freezing threshold? I run a -30c mix year round.