Unable to sell my car, what is wrong?

h4mza

Have you considered rewriting the ad making no mention of mods or the minor faults (an image of the bumper scuffing would be advantageous)  .....pointing out it had a brace fitted will have most punters thinking it was rallied so it may be best to throw a rug in the boot to cover up the tell tale signs.

Your ad is perfect for a Site like this but you need to be highlighting the mileage and reliability if you want to attract regular punters through regular advertising......IMO Autotrader is your best bet.....you could easily ask for £650 with a full 12 months MOT.

You sound like a nice honest chap so I wish you luck with shifting your decent motor :)

P.S. if you cant supply proof of cam belt change.....might be an idea to write date and mileage of belt change on the fuse box cover.....Tipex should be fine.

Cheers for the advice everyone, I've finally sold the car today to an long time old friend of mine. Sold it for a little less than what I wanted but least I'm happy it's gone.  :-)

^^^ I bought his just before Xmas :) I was lucky enough to have a nice boss that sorted cash for me. If I had the cash I'd buy it mate as my Mrs wants to start driving

You're lucky to buy this car mate, it's one of the best and my favourite MB6 on this forum to be honest. If I had this car, I wouldn't change anything other than wheels, it is a decent spec and I love the exhaust on this, pop pop pop. He did say he will sell it early next year (2016) but he had it up for sale before Christmas when I had no cash lol. At least it's good to see it went to another forum member :)

You're lucky to buy this car mate, it's one of the best and my favourite MB6 on this forum to be honest. If I had this car, I wouldn't change anything other than wheels, it is a decent spec and I love the exhaust on this, pop pop pop. He did say he will sell it early next year (2016) but he had it up for sale before Christmas when I had no cash lol. At least it's good to see it went to another forum member :)

It is a great car bud unfortunately the loud pops have gone :( due to different ecu on the plus side it's faster