EBay turbo kit

dogg1210

Doesn't have to cost 3k man. Decent used stuff crops up. Or collect parts and fit yourself.

I'm not plugging racetech in any way Cus they are a bit lame at times and actually getting on my nerves at present.

But for 3k you will drive in stock drive out turbo. So wiring and fuel pump. I.d 725cc injectors. 3 bar map sensor. Numerous oem gaskets. They build the kit on the car so fits perfect. Drop the sump and weld drain off. Ammend exhaust.

Full synthetic oil and new hotter plugs.

And obviously map it. So there's a fair bit of labour and materials involved.

Yes you can do it yourself cheaper but that's obvious Cus your not paying yourself labour.

Yeah coz that would be hilarious,reason I'm asking is I can't afford to fork out 3k + for a turbo so was seeing what people's experiences with eBay kits are, I probably won't go down that route anyway. There's someone on Gumtree selling a wide arch deck with a turbo kit says he has everything for plug and play for b18c4 £800 but don't know what kit it is

If you cant afford to do it properly, dont do it at all.

It'll just end up going pop and costing you more money to repair.. 

• Like 1

I agree, go cheap, go twice, usually worse the second time around! Reality sucks.

Yeah just that thought of paying 3k on my car to boost it doesn't seem worth while

You can buy a second hand gt28 turbo for around 300 n get it rebuilt for the same sortof money the waste gate i would buy new the sensors n ecu you can source yourself sames as with the injectors. pipe work is simple just make sure its got vband clamps the manifold is gona cost ya but you saved on other items so its worth shellin on the exhaust your gonna have to buy new as it will depend on your manifold oil kits are cheep enough second hand n the mapping is worth gettin done properly ive proberbly forgot loads of little bits but it dosent have to cost 3k if you take your time n reasearch the bits my m8s mx5 turbo cost 1100 all in plus mapping wich was about 250

• Like 2

£600 for a second hand turbo there Jay - i only paid £680 for mine brand spanking new.. Mapping is £450 if done by anyone worth while. Thats a grand already .. 

You can soon quickly see why my build is heading to 3k! 

Customer exhaust will then be 5-600 .. 

All adds up .. 

Mate it dosent have to cost that much for an exhaust i could slap a custom 1 together for 100 quid it wont look pretty but it'll work just fine n i said 300 on a turbo n get it rebuilt meaning if he wants to. it dosent all have to be about brand names dude

Turbos do mate .. No debating, no arguing, if not a branded, your running the risk of it shitting itself. 

You said about 300 on a turbo, then the same amount getting it rebuilt, which is where i took the 600 from .. 

Yeah can see Grant's point, costs about the same for his brand new one as it might do for a second hand plus refurbishing it.

It's swings and roundabouts when it comes to putting your own 'kit' together.

• Like 1