Project Aubergine- *BREAKING SOON*

BLAMES-VTi

Cracking bit of kit mate! Did you order it for mb6 specifically, or did you have to order it for a teg or something? Wasnt sure these parts were available off the shelf for mb's 8-) Remember to do a "tried and tested" bit on them once fitted ;)

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi mate I am right saying these are the rota copys of the DC2 alloys?

Are they 15's or 16's and how much were the wheels alone?

hi mate!

anotehr well done from me ,every time you do something to that car i seem to say well done you never do a bad mod!

quick questions tho see when your ordering parts for the mb6 do you order EK stuff?

ie

coilovers ? ek fitment?

camber arms? ek fitment?

spoon brakes? DC2 fitment 96 spec?

let me know and keep up the good modding :mrgreen:

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

The wheels are the new rota specR. and they only come in 16x7 ET45

The camber kits are for a DC2 front and rear.

Part for the MB is pretty weird i have found over the years, as i have broguht stuff and then find out it dont fit, but i cant stop experimenting :lol:

Coilovers/shocks- My KW's was specific to the MB. but EK ones will fit, if fitting top mounts e.g Daiayama coilovers i bealieve you need to get some EK top mount nuts as the nuts are different sizes. The worst thing about the MB is they tend to use weird sizes e,g 13mm,11mm. whereas the EK,ITr use 10mm and 12mm which is a bum sometimes.

Camber arms- DC2 fitment front and back. recommend changeing the camber bushes aswel cos the DC2 kits do not come with new bushes unlike the EK ones. i got some new Hardrace ones fitted, which include the whole bolt and bush, so no messing with trying to take the old bush off.

Spoon brakes- DC2/ek9 fitment. they all share the same mounting. so you can use legend or nsx calipers aswell. runs on 282mm discs. only problem with the brakes is trying to find a set of wheels that clear them.

96 spec rims- need long studs and 15mm spacers.

Rota GT3-need long studs and 5mm spacer

Rota SpecR-3mm spacer (hence why i went for the new wheel)

Rota C8-i beleive these will clear with no spacers(friend runs 300mm discs with tarox 6 pot calipers and no clearance issuses)

Hope this helps.

Oh and the mg zs rear anti roll bar drop links are the same as the DC2 one, so if urs are tired then u might wana change a set of those. I had a set of hardrace ones changed, but needed to change the bolts as the size was different. Also changed the bushes on the anti roll bar to superflex items to firm things up further.

sonic_vi - the rear seats was from a MG ZS saloon. I thought it would bolt straight on, but how wrong was i! the bottom half was completely different! top hlaf was almost perfect except for the strikers (seat clip at the back) need to get the MG one and modify it to fit the mb. the bottom half on the other hand was a pain, i had to remove the cover from the mg one and the mb one, and then use the mg one onto the mb, and had to add extra foam on the bolsters and then redid all the pins that strectch the fabric in place. I will tell u i will never do anything like that again! TIME,EFFORT,SWEAT and alot of swearing! it wasnt fun :lol:

1.8vti - I use Genuine Recaro rails which was for the rover 400. the seats boltsed straight on. only downside was the price! but u get what you pay for. Got them from Capital seating. and with the rails it lowers the driving position by a far amount! feels like ur sitting on the floor.

Archived