Daves new Daily.....MINI Cooper 2nd Gen

Dave

Dreading Saturday.....................Carly's first mot since I bought her. Hoping she passes but the first mot is always the scary one. Was speaking to Martyn at the garage (he bought Roxy) and found out Roxy is gone! He traded her in for a 64 plate Fiesta ST, hence why I've not seen her going about recently. Said he will get another TypeR one day, but the ST he got has only done 14 thousand miles and he prefers it to Roxy. Apparently the Ford garage only had her a couple of weeks before she was sold, but she's been spotted by him in this area a couple of times already so hope to see her soon. And Gayle and me were in that very garage buying a few things for her focus so Roxy was probably there at the same time!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and Carly going back into the repair centre that fixed her............I've only recently noticed that they haven't lined the bonnet up properly and it must be loose as the panel gaps are getting worse! There's also a rattling sound from the front over very rough roads so sounds like they've possibly not fitted the undertray properly or something. Can't even have a look as I'm not well at the moment so can't work on the car. Pee'd off! what is it with these body repair centres! They did a cracking job of the paintwork, can't fault it, but then just throw the parts back on instead of taking time to fit them properly.

2 hours ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Yes. Get a bonnet for a mitsubishi  GTO,  you'd love one of those.

Do like the GTO, but same running costs as Roxy so nah, not for me! Been down that route mate and can't afford it. Got my modded car which is DD, so Carly is just the daily which needs to be cheap to run but still look funky.

Mot done...........she passed! Not even a single advisory, so well happy! Made an attempt at fitting the DAB kit to her, but gave up half way through :(. some of the torx screws holding the dash/speedo in are in really fiddly to get at spaces and need magnetic torx bits......mine arent! plus my hands are a bit fecked, got bloody mild arthritis so after only working for a little while they get really painful and end up dropping stuff. 

Gonna get some magnetic torx screwdrivers and have another bash, although thetes a car audio place in edinburgh will fit it for £60, so not sure whether to just get them to do it?

Getting old sucks! cry.gif1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not done much to Carly lately but did take her on a run up to Loch Lomond. Gayle and me got a nice wedding gift of a private boat tour of the loch with our own private chef! was excellent! The roads around there are epic, although we did get stuck behind a few tourists who didnt know these roads were made for driving....fast!

once we cleared them we had fun tho, Carly handles the twisties amazingly. stopped off at Gayles sisters in bishopbriggs on way home, then, as Gayle felt a bit poorly decided to head home fast. sat at around a ton all the way home (no wasnt speeding offisher, was talking about carlys weight!).

sadly, on way home from work today the rear brakes (which have been binding badly for a while) have gone! pads are down to metal. :(

Was gonna strip the brakes in a couple of weeks and renew everything but this means DD will be back on the go tomorrow. gonna get new pads front and rear tomorrow and fit them when i get home from work.

wee pic when we arrived and of the view from boat

20171007_143650.jpg20171007_153124.jpg

• Like 1