New member. My Aerodeck.

CF4Shaun

Hey all! New here, although I see alot of posts are quite old, its cool to see people still active on these kinds of forums. I thought it would be a great place for information on potential mods, parts and specs regarding civic aerodecks. I know they are far more popular in the UK. Mine is actually the first one I've ever seen in person here in Ireland.

20230909_175319.jpg

20230824_172627.jpg

20230811_170818.jpg

• Like 3

@CF4Shaun Welcome to the club mate! That's a stunner of a VTiS deck, looks like you picked a good one. You'll find all the info you need in the forum, plus tons of ideas for mods or resto, whichever direction you're going with your Civic. 

Forums not as busy as it was in it's hay-day, but we still have members old and new popping in quite regular. Most of the focus on these Civics now seems to be leaning more on restoring them as they're into Modern Classic car territory now. Deffo a lot more money going into restoring them than we would have seen years ago. 

Whats the specs on your deck mods wise?Can see the Rota slips (not seen a set of those in a long time, one of my fav wheels!), suits them perfectly.

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

@CF4Shaun Welcome to the club mate! That's a stunner of a VTiS deck, looks like you picked a good one. You'll find all the info you need in the forum, plus tons of ideas for mods or resto, whichever direction you're going with your Civic. 

Forums not as busy as it was in it's hay-day, but we still have members old and new popping in quite regular. Most of the focus on these Civics now seems to be leaning more on restoring them as they're into Modern Classic car territory now. Deffo a lot more money going into restoring them than we would have seen years ago. 

Whats the specs on your deck mods wise?Can see the Rota slips (not seen a set of those in a long time, one of my fav wheels!), suits them perfectly.

@Dave Thanks for the welcome, man. So she is actually a MC1, but has had a full conversion from a VTiS. Literally everything from inside to out.

I am currently making use of the DIY mesh grill post here, as the last owner plasti dipped the grill and it was peeling.

I think it's gone that way on most of these styles of forums. Everyone is using social media now, but it's great to see many people still active.

The civic is my daily, as I have a Torneo SiR-T that I take out in the summer. But I do want to clean it up a bit, and have her show worthy. Funny enough, those rotas are coming off soon. I picked up a set of Rays C Ultra three spoke alloys for it, they just need a good refurb.

Mod wise, she has a B20Z1 block with the B18C4 head, and a 96 teg type r lsd box. Fun aul car to drive.

20230905_114141.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Nice! Been modded well! The B20 bottom end is practically bullet proof, had a B20 turboed mb6 I the clubb years ago. Love the work thats gone into it mate

Are they much use, them B20 blocks? I keep hearing mixed opinions. Was told by someone else that they don't like the high rpms, doesn't make sense putting a vtec head on it if that's the case.

• Like 1

Give Rich Ellis at dynodaze a shout as he had the turbo'd  B20. Knows his way around honda engines. Pretty sure the B20s are fine, know his used to easily rev its tits off with the turbo lol