b20/b18c4 sleeved turbo engine build

civicturbo79

lol, id love to go mate but im kinda stuck for the rest of theis year i think :( Civic5 will be attending this show next year tho, hoping to get us hooked up with a stand etc. Couple of shows at knockhill i'm hoping to get the club at ;)

We is going big time!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent build thread, top notch! How much oil pressure are you throwing into the turbo?? Have you got a restrictor on there? If not it could be why you are killing them. 70+psi of oil pressure is pretty much guaranteed to goose your seals. Just a thought.

There is no restrictor on there. the oil feed is running from the oil pressure switch so 5 bar of pressure when its cold and 3.5 when its hot. Were would i get a restrictor from ill give it a go. Rich.

There is no restrictor on there. the oil feed is running from the oil pressure switch so 5 bar of pressure when its cold and 3.5 when its hot. Were would i get a restrictor from ill give it a go. Rich.

http://www.hosesolutions.org.uk/index.p ... ts_id=1192

5 BAR!! cheezums!!! I think you only need 1 BAR tops on a journal bearing turbo, a lot less if it is a ball bearing jobbie. OEM turbo'd cars have a restrictor in the line from the factory. If you know what make and trim your turbo is you could find the normal operating pressure from the manufacturer perhaps, I bet it's a fraction of what you are running.

Hope this helps

Thats spot on mate

Thats what i love about this site people are willing to help . Its top class . 8-)8-)8-)

I will give that a go for sure .

This is the turbo i have and the new one is coming tomorrow .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

What size restrictor do you think i will need .

Rich.

I don't quite know, most i've read about seem to use the 0.065 thou aperture, i'm not an expert at these things but i'm finding out as much as I can like you. I'm fumbling through my build researching each problem as they arise, and a lot have arisen too. It seems like i'm spending my life looking at an LCD screen instead of a windscreen.

Can't wait to drive it.

Good luck, let me know how it goes and i'll keep updating my thread too.

Archived