my mb2 now finished...*ALOT OF PICTURES*..NOW CRASHED :(

jayedh123

finally fitted the seats in :D

after much drilling, cut and bruised fingers, hammering and verbal abuse its done....the seats took the p*ss to fit in after i thought they were a straight fit from the mb6 to the mb2...obv they wernt....and after it was finishd tidied up the sub and amp wiring and then decided to change the rear speakers :)

my m8 has got enough tools to dismantle a house so he helped me fit most the stuff in...

just about fitterd that latch on after alot of trial and error

DSC00217.jpg

first back seat goes oon

DSC00218.jpg

second backseat bit on

DSC00219.jpg

all the back seats in

DSC00220.jpg

got some pioneers but they were a bit small compaared to the stock speaker so i had to improvise...

pioneers 8-)

DSC00221.jpg

took the stock out

DSC00222.jpg

put the pioneer ones in but had to make a little fitment change as you can see...they sound much better

DSC00223.jpg

aannd finishd :)

DSC00224.jpg

....thanks for looking anyway and watch this space 8-)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The back seat always seems to cause problems. I had exactly the same problem with mine, when i did recovered them with leather. I had to get another seat back (pass side rear) as mine didnt have a rear armrest. Got one from an SE, thought straight fit.......nope!! Had to change the brackets/hinges same as you! All worth it in the end though

got some alloys today :)

they aint anything special but it'll do the job for a while, want to refurb them and powdercoat them white or somthing....or black...hmmmmm

BYEwuwBmkKGrHgoH-DgEjlLl1CLoBKfsg0o.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

next up got to put som tires on (low profiles)....get the whole car lowered....and the vti-s lips sprayed and stuck on.....and then my number plate....then im finishd...till i buy a real vti-s 8-)

anyone geuss how much i paid for the alloys? lol silly really....

LOOKING GOOD NICE WORK I AM GOING A BIT DIF WITH MY MB2 WHEN I START . TAKEN THE SEATS AND DOOR CARDS OUT OF MY MB3 AND SWOPPING THEM WITH MY HALF LEATHER MB2 SEATS COZ MY MB3 SEATS AND DOOR CARDS ARE ALL NICE BLACK NOT THAT BLUE LOOK ODD I NO BUT THINK IT WILL WORK . ANYWAY YEP NICE WORK ON YOUR MB2 KEEP IT GOING AND PICS TO THUMBS UP... :D:D

by now i would have posted pictures up of my car being complete but the money is going towards a little business venture with 2 of my mates.....it would be very attractive to all teh users here :) but ill keep everyone posted on that

in the meantime...im just goin to change the aeriel thats lyk longer than my arm and ive bought a few cleaning products :D

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

meguiars clay bars FTW! 8-)

well clayed my car and waxed it and the results are amazing! cant recommend it enough! well worth spending the few hours that i did and taking all the crap out the paintwork that you cant even see....makes it look mint :)

my mate clayed and waxed his golf aswell.....pictures below

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

just after the claying

DSC00250.jpg

gave it a coat of wax and made the plastics strips black agen using some autoglym stuff

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

look how shiny it is!!

DSC00247.jpg

took a few hours...and your body aches after....aches alot actually but definatly worth it 8-)

Archived