my mb2 now finished...*ALOT OF PICTURES*..NOW CRASHED :(

jayedh123

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey people, i dont think anyone understands how frustrating it is to catch public transport once youve been so used to a car :( lol

the damage aint that serious, more just bolt on parts, wings, radiators, bumper and bonnet....my neighbour who breaks civics gave me the driver and passenger airbags for free! :D

soo far im just saving up to buy an audi a4 :)

im also considering taking parts of the civic but not entirely sure yet as it means too much to me lol ( sounds silly i know!)

WilkesyMB6 - im selling parts and if i do youll be the first person for the rear splitter :)

scottravenhill - my fault sort of but if i ever find the idiot who pulled out infront of me....

dave - i didnt go through insurance because it was my fault and didnt want my premiums to soar through the roof lol but just saving up for the b7 audi and then ill be happy :)

james - i would sell it but then i wouldnt exactly get back the money that i spent on it would i? lol i think ill just keep i for a while? possibly break it to add to the new car fund

Stu_civicsport - the exhaust aint from a vti-s....custom made...kind of loud aswell lol no cat, no silencer and a smaller back box...just a straight stainless steel pipe from the manifold to the tip

hope everyone elses car is in better shape right now :) cheers

• 1 month later...

hello people!

looks like theres been a whole load of work going into some peoples cars and they looking goood :)

ok theres a quick question i need answering, seeing as my cars got a messed up front end and ive go to replace all the parts, apart from the exterior, can i use lyk the rads and stuff from a 1.8? or does it have to be the same engine sized car? i know everything else would fit but not sure about the fiddly bits under the bonnet...

the parts that do need replacing are:

-Driver & passenger airbags

-driver seatbelt

-driver side wing

-bonnet

-headlights

-front bumper

-vti-s lip ( this ones going to be a plsstake seeing as it took me forever to get the first one! lol)

-fog lights

- radiators

-slam panel

and a few other bits n bobs...

Hi Jay, just a word of caution - before you spend too much on replacement panels and parts I'd get the chassis alignment checked first because if a chassis legs bent or a suspension mount has moved then it'll never drive straight without jig work at a bodyshop and that's going to cost big bucks unless you know someone that'll do it for you at mates rates. You can't tell if its bent just by looking at it.

The front end of modern cars such as our civics is designed to crumple up in an accident to give you a better chance of walking away and as that was a pretty hard knock I'd be surprised if it's still all square. You may have possibly damaged some of your suspension as well. Just don't want to see you get into a money pit situation and end up spending £000's when it may be significantly cheaper to get another mb2 or maybe a vti thats had its engine robbed.

Obviously your car would be an insurance write off as they quote for using new parts and we all know how much new genuine Honda parts cost, but if it's still straight then yes, you can rebuild it with used parts. Good Luck with the project - keep us posted

• 2 weeks later...

Archived