My new beast..(gonna keep this one!)

jalesi2001

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i've decided to start using the beast now, couldn't wait any longer!!

So like the MB6, this thread will start with the boring stuff....so....

Today she got a set of new numberplates, Honda tax disk holder, and 3 new wiperblades. (told you it would start with the boring stuff!!) :oops:

On its way is:

oil filter

fuel filter (in the tank, a right poo job!)

plugs (platinum...how much?!!)

rocker cover gasket (for the valve clearences)

air filter

brake fluid (for brake system and clutch system)

coolant

gearbox oil

Im probably gonna have to get my own oil, as we use 0w30 at work, but when my beast was born Honda recommended 5w40, so I'll grab some Castrol GTX from Tesco's or somewhere!!

Once that major service is done it should run like a dream, so looking forward to doing it believe it or not!!

After that, I will be concentrating on the actual car, little trims and bits and pieces that wind me up, need to find a bonnet as mine has a line of rust on the leading edge, the silver trim on the inside grab handle is scratched and loosing its silver paint, the type r badge on the grill is broken, the mats are shot and worn through.....little stuff like that needs sorting next!

Then, probably some wind deflectors, a cat back exhaust and one day maybe a Groupe M or Tegiwa copy. Buts thats a long way off yet.

And I need to fit my HID's, pics up once she has had another clean!

And I need a name for her, so suggestions needed please!! ;):D

lol, you started with the same as me then ;)

Fuel filter supposed to be lifetime tho...? I thought anyways :D

Don't buy Aeroflat blades, they lift off the screen at motorway speeds!

I've got a set of VERY cheap black EP3 mats if you want them till you find some red ones like mine ;)

I'll do you a swap deal on a Milano touch up stick ;)

This on ebay at minute, VERY VERY few and far between too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _500wt_950

Mugen FTW!

I've gone Hondata Airbox with an ITG drop in filter now, much subtler, but makes the exhaust purrrrrr like a kitten and spit and pop like a rattlesnake in VTEC :D

I'm getting the filler out this week to flush in my radio surround into my centre console. Might flock it black too!

The fuel filter should be changed every 75,000 miles, mine was serviced at 75,000 miles at a back street garage, (a fairly good one, but back street none the less!!) and so I dont believe for one minute they changed it as its a poo job!! Plus I dont care if it was changed, I just want everything changed anyway, so I know its done! I was the same with the MB6! :oops:;)

I went for genuine wipers mate!!

And yeah, I'll swap you your mats for a touch up stick if you are serious?! :D

Love the Mugen air box, but alas im sooo skint!! :lol:

Archived