philgor's mb1, here we go again, or maybe not.....

philgor

cleaned the civic today, borrowed the TFR and the pressure washer from work, forgot to take any before pic's though (bugger :( ) well the car hadden been washed since i visited dynodaze back on the 6th of november, i've done a good 1500 miles, across linconshire in a wet weather along roads barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass. everything below the window's was brown, the wheels were, well,... black with brake dust, to be blunt she was a mess, inside was worse though, got that to do tommorow. only took a couple of photos as it was cold and i was cold and wet.

cleancar1.jpg

i even took the wheels off and cleaned them with industral strengh TFR, did under all of the arches with TFR, and every thing below the bump strips aswell, did the whole car with some car shampoo, blasted it all off using the pressure washer, i was a lot happier, and the car looked it aswell, even the michelin man gave me the thumb's up aswell

cleancar2.jpg

one very clean happy car. 1"£££$££"!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks pretty clean mate, need to get some trim black (side strips are a bit patchy) - Autoglym bumper care is good, easy to use.

Did you seal it (wax it), also what is TFR? :)

it was 3.30pm when i packed up, i was too cold and wet to go any further, and i was losing light fairly fast, i'll see what it's doing tommorow to weather i polish it or not,

TFR, traffic film remover, bloody brilliant stuff. 1/2 a cup of this stuff to about 10 liters of water will remove, 95% of the grime, for the wheels, arch's and any stubbon spots, i use an old kitchin spray bottle, with the stuff in it neat, spray it on leave it for a couple of minuites and wash off.

need to vacume it out tommorow, so hopefully more pic's tommorow.

i use flash all purpose cleaner and i think it i great at removing grime

i use it on the windows, wheels, claipers/carriers, lights front and back and on all the car from the door handels down

i let it work for 5 mins and sponge the wheels, lights and windows then rinse and finaly shampoo the whole car

lovely car dude wheels make it

TFR, traffic film remover, bloody brilliant stuff. 1/2 a cup of this stuff to about 10 liters of water will remove, 95% of the grime, for the wheels, arch's and any stubbon spots, i use an old kitchin spray bottle, with the stuff in it neat, spray it on leave it for a couple of minuites and wash off.

Cheers dude, bit like an all purpose cleaner then :D

might want to be carful with that, if it contains salt it'll damage the paint, same with washing up liquid, it's a great big fat no no for washing car's

lovely car dude wheels make it

cheer's for that, i got them of ebay about febuary, paid not a lot for them, 4X alloy, with nealy new michelin tyre's on them, also chucked in the spare, the jacking kit and all of the wheel nut's as well 8-)8-).

i've never seen another 5dr civic with them on, only the ek's ive seen them with them on.

Cheers dude, bit like an all purpose cleaner then :D

yeah, suppose so it came in a 25liter drum :shock:, so more for industral uses :o, like washing a 1000 miles of road dirt off a fleet of trucks.

the wheels are not in bad nick, couple of scrapes on one of them though, the insides are realy bad, might try again.

had to rewash the bonnet though, we have 3cat's and one of them is guilty of leaving muddy pawprint's on the bonnet :evil:

might want to be carful with that, if it contains salt it'll damage the paint, same with washing up liquid, it's a great big fat no no for washing car's

:shock: should have looked at that b4 i used it

Untitled-10.jpg

:) no salt/sodium

and she passed, with flying colour's, only because i sorted out the TRE that was fooked. that's another year's ticket on the car again, at least it didn't run out unlike my last car......

Archived