philgor's mb1, here we go again, or maybe not.....

philgor

it's about bloody time i started a project thread for my motor, considering i joined in november last year :lol:

never mind, right the car, lets see,

full spec, mb1 1.6i ls automatic, in moon dust silver.

bought the car late november '10, and set about sorting it out (test+servicing etc), before i insured it for me to start to use in on christmas eve (crimbo prezzie to me self :P ), it went from being moved in and out of the workshop to doing nearly 1000 miles in 3wks (one way to get to know your car).

once the christmas was over, i sorted a cambelt out for it and once the crap weather started to clear up fun started,

fitted a set of 14" genuine honda civic alloy wheel compleat with 4 michelin tyres, wow the difference between these and the budget tyres i was running was as clear as night and day. i have vowed never to run budget tyres again they ain't worth it, at the end of the day they are the only thing that keeps you on the road.

around march time i hit the local scrap yard, and came away with a set of late rear lights and clear side indcators, when i put them on it transformed the look of the car, it looked a lot cleaner and there was no more orange on the car.

i'll update this at some point at the weekend with the rest of the stuff i've done to her and some pic's

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just after i put her on the road

hondacivic5.jpg

hondacivic4.jpg

hondacivic3.jpg

yep thats my ugly mug in that one

hondacivic2.jpg

and my favorite pic of the lot

hondacivic1.jpg

and a couple i took today

257554_1599284562260_1840438559_1047827_6298699_o.jpg

243415_1599324763265_1840438559_1047868_7614753_o.jpg

changes are, gained clear rear lights, side repeaters and the geniune alloy wheels and a cheap cd player

and some new number plates (just got fit them)

let's see what else have i done to it, new rear brakes including calipers, http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=6959 and c.v. boots,

and for the future, front disks and pads when they run out and a rear anti roll bar

will update at some point

fuck you pirus, 340miles 35.82 liters of fuel used , yep that works out at, yep, 43.15 mpg yes and last week it avaraged 38mpg, due to a change in fuel, used to use tesco/asda (only got 29-32mpg) , changed to shell (only the normal stuff) and now i am getting high 30 and low 40's.

well chuffed with it

and again fuck you pirus party.gif1party.gif1party.gif1

• 2 months later...

it's been a while since the last proper update....... so here we go again,

futuremods.jpg

you all say "right, i can see a pair of driving lights, and a pair of unkown front fog's, so what's going on?"

me, "i'm putting the driving light's on as i live in the middle of the stick's, with rarther deep dyke's ether side of the road, and as for the front fogs for the same reason and we're prone to fog around here, the front fog's are off a E46 bmw,(they were only a fiver) i'm also gonna get hold of a e46 f.bumper to butcher the fog light mounting out to put on mine as my bumper will be going in for paint, the driving light's are also gonna be hidden, they are going to be mounted on the slam panel behind the grill"

243415_1599324763265_1840438559_1047868_7614753_o-1.jpg

how it might look.........

so all in all i'm gonna be able to fry rabbit's well before i runn them over :shock::shock::shock::?

all so done a rough working out of how much the car has cost me so far (excluding fuel/tax/mot the stuff evey one pay's)

500 car

200 servicing etc

150 wheel's

80 2x new tyres (put hole's in side walls :(:oops: )

30 rear light's enc loom's and 2x side repeaters

20 new numberplate's

200 knackered dizzy

15 light's (5 for the e46/ 10 for the driving light's)

so she's cost me about 1200 quid encluding buying it

20-50 for a used scrap E46 bumper

100-150 for front bumper paint and mod's required

i'm also getting a quote for doing a full light respray enc rust, dent's and paint defect's

rust repairs, nsr + osr arches / osr over bumper (some one has shoved a wood screw in it to resecure bumper :roll: )

dents + paint

bonnet dent

osf wing dent on top

nsf wing dent near bump strip

nsf door small dent near front

osf where the door meet's the top it's gone through to metal and surface rusting

boot lid 2 rust spot's

rear bumper has had a small car park bump

that's about it for the moment

philgor 1"£££$££"!

hopefully the driving light's are going to be going on this weekend, and the fog's will be done when i can get a cheap e46 front bumper i can butcher up crazy.gif1 , but as per useal other things have priority, like car insureance that's just been renewed, and i'm still recovering from last's month's breakdown, that was an unexpected cost i really didn't need. but the car is still going in the right direction, i going for the oem+ look and i think it's getting there

• 4 weeks later...

not got the driving lights on yet, just not had the time...

doesn't help i was on the back of the recovery truck last night.. with the o/s drive shaft snapped, AA recovered it back to work, and gave me a lift home, with thanks to lisa who was the person who picked up the phone applause.gif1 and mark who was the patrol man who picked me and the car up applause.gif1, both of you have rekinlded my fath in the aa after the last break down...

any way, waiting at the a17 to turn right, sat there for about 5minuits waiting for a gap, saw a gap went for it bang clunk clunk clunk....., car rolled back thank god and not on to the a17, rolled it back to the curb and phoned the aa, aa came 1hr later not bad considering they gave me an eta of 90minuits.

got it back to work left it there over night

phoned a parts factor at 830am today, 1 in stock, dilivered at 9.30 car back together by 10am, well happy, also put a new trackrod end as well another job done for the mot, total cost £70 for the drive shaft and a £10 for the track rod end, didn't even need to top the gear box up, as i jacked the car up as high is i could ;)

can you guess where the shaft snapped, i'll give you a clue, i cant find the rubber damper any where it's gonna be on the a17 some where :shock: and the new one hasen't got one on it.

Archived